Author Topic: Will Blue Cross Blue Shield cover?  (Read 5389 times)

Offline micheal1

• Posting Member
Hi
Im pretty sure that this avenue has been attempted thousands of times before, but I need to exhaust all options before I start skipping meals in order to pay for my surgery.

Has any one attempted to get Blue Cross Blue Sheild to cover all/some of the cost of the surgery.

All comments/ ideas are welcomed.

theweeninjaguy

i would think it would depend on how you play it.

i think consmetic surgery would likely not be covered but if the gyno proved to be painful then it would be more likely to be covered.

personally i've never had blue cross cover - only bupa as i'm in the UK however bupa would not cover the cost of my gyno surgery until i mentioned that it was sore and my relatives had had breast cancer in the past. it's was likely a tick the correct box situation in that they had to tick a box other than cosmetic reasons.

hope the good members of the board can advise

good luck

ninja ;D

Offline micheal1

• Posting Member
Now that you mentioned it, my Grandmother had developed breast cancer.

Did you mention it directly to doctor or the insurance provider?

Also while reading an older forum I think it will be good idea for me to go to an endro.. before considering surgery.

Offline rcbrown23

Yes, go see an endocrinologist.

Tell him about your grandfather's condition and see if he'll write you a letter of recomendation to the insurance company. It's still a long shot, keep in mind, but it's worth a chance.

theweeninjaguy

it was his grandmother

yeah i mentioned it to the doctor as he's the one that can tell if the insurance company will go for it or not. really your doctor is the guy or girl who can turn this aroudn for you.

any risk at all of cancer and it's paid for. all you have to say is youre worried about it amybe being cancer. it won't be but the worry is somethign that can't be quantified and therefore your insurance company has an obligation to pay out.

it's probalby the strongest argument you can give at the monent - as gyno itself is cosmetic (well to anyone who's not had it anyway)

ninja ;D

Offline hypo

Ninja,

Just to let you know it is gyne as in gynecomastia, or in the UK-  gynae as in gynaecomastia.

Not gyno.

There is no such thing as gyno apart from in bodybuilding forums;)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Hypo, why do you continue to insult people? You need to get a life. You have way too much time on your hands to sit here and pick on people that live 1,000's of miles away from you.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

theweeninjaguy

Ninja,

Just to let you know it is gyne as in gynecomastia, or in the UK-  gynae as in gynaecomastia.

Not gyno.

There is no such thing as gyno apart from in bodybuilding forums;)

wow thanks dude you're so fecking clever!

oh and in the Uk it's gynocomastic not gynea anything

ninja ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:39:44 PM by theweeninjaguy »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024