Author Topic: Women Breast Cancer victims pay WAY more!  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Check out these two posts from Breastcancer.org....

"We have Aetna and so far we had to put out $3000.00 for our deductible and $4000.00 for out of pocket (paid up front) if they consider it in net work, if not it will be $6000.00. we have to pay, airfare, hotel, and car rental for both trips. As of now my bills have come in over $200,000.00 for hospital and Drs. alone. So when people tell me I look like a million dollars, I say no, a quarter of a million. LOL..."

"Because I had to pay for the whole thing myself without insurance (I am from Canada)... I don't feel right in disclosing the doctors' fees at NOLA. But, I can tell you that with travel expenses, meals, taxis, medications, and the hospital fee, anesthetist fee, and the drs. fees, my breasts will end up costing me well over $100,000.00. And that doesn't include my husband's and my time lost at work and boarding our dog. I had bilateral delayed SGAP. So... you gals with insurance are very fortunate."

Hugs, Colleen

Wow, $100,000....  :o     And we cry about a tenth of that....   :P

BTW, from reading many posts on Breastcancer.org, I get the feeling that women dealing with/recovering from breast cancer get the same runaround from IC's as we do.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024