Author Topic: 36 hours post op! - 2 questions  (Read 3475 times)

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Hello all I'm about 36 hours postop and absolutely no problems as of now.  No pain and only little swelling on my right side.

I currently have bandages and an ace wrap on until my follow up on Monday, in which I'm not supposed to shower or remove the wrap.  My question is, after the bandages are removed, does the Dr usually give a compression vest?  Do you have to buy one.  I plan on calling the doctor eventually but just curious about any of your experiences.

Also, when are drains ever needed post op?  Does this solely vary on the person?  How many of you guys have or have not used drains post op?  I assume my doctor did not need me on drains or he would have given me them since I know he mentioned it before.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I have my op on Wednesday and I will wake up with the vest on. About the drains, he told me my case didn't need them. I will just have some "portholes" on the sides with gauze over them.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
I have my op on Wednesday and I will wake up with the vest on. About the drains, he told me my case didn't need them. I will just have some "portholes" on the sides with gauze over them.

I guess I'll just talk to my doc about the vest when I get these bandages taken off on Monday.  If he says I could/should use one then I'll definitely get my hands on one since they seem to do a great job of keeping the swelling down and help to contour the chest.

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
I had a compression wrap put on me right after my surgery by the PS.  I had surgery 2 weeks ago and I have been wearing it 24/7, only taking it off to shower.  I have to wear it for another week.

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
i got operated on 01/01/2008. my chest was wrapped up in compression garment along with drain tubes coming out of it when i gained consciousness after surgery. the drain tubes were ended in small bottles which was obviously provided to handle ozing fluids. i always had to pick the bottles in my hand whenever i wanted to go to toilet which was very annoying. i got discharge from hospital on 3rd day i.e. on 03/01/2008 when he removed the compression garment and drains and dressed my chest with bandage. i asked about wearing vest but he said that the swelling will go away completely in three weeks.
and it will take 3 months time for the chest to look absolutely normal

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
My surgery was on Jan 10, 2008, and my vest was put on when I woke up from surgery.  I was told to wear the vest for 23 hours out of the 24 hour day for two weeks. I didn't have drains or bandages.
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024