Author Topic: Back Ache.. >_<  (Read 7574 times)

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
Hey Guys..

I've gained a little weight over xmas/summer due to me been rather slack and spending a lot of time at home, it appears to have mostly gone onto my gyne and my pair of breasts is now getting rather heavy.. heavy enough to start causing me a bit of a back ache.

Any way to remedy this without having to go towards getting some kind of garment? As I don't mind them at all, but they've really gotten quite heavy compared to before and regular back ache is really getting quite painful..

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Lose weight?

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
Lose weight?
Other then losing weight, I'll be progressing again in that shortly..

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Can't really say for sure...maybe wearing a compression garment or something would help, but I doub't it.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
do lots of situps.. strong abdominal muscles support the back and you will feel much better. would help with weight loss as well.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Situps won't help with weight loss, creating a caloric deficit will.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
drop the simple carbs & sugar from your diet. a lot of people get sloppy with their food intake over the holidays.

removing these carbs will cause glycogen stores to deplete and you'll drop water. each gram of glycogen stored also draws in *i think* 4g of carbs...

it won't be actual "fat loss" but you can drop significant water weight like this in as little as a week, thus making the fatty stores on your chest appear smaller.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
Situps won't help with weight loss, creating a caloric deficit will.

having a stronger midsection would be an advantage when trying to exercise and you would burn calories doing situps, although u missed the point of my post which was to gain abdominal strength not to lose weight.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
do lots of situps.. strong abdominal muscles support the back and you will feel much better.would help with weight loss as well.

That wasn't part of your point? I was merely trying to state that you won't burn enough calories doing situps to make them a worthwhile exercise for fat loss. It is like telling someone that bicep curls help with fat loss, even though the number of calories burned is trivial. Also, doing crunches does nothing for your core stability. One looking to increase core strength would be better off training static strength doing things like L-sits for time, tuck sits for time, bridges and side bridges for time since you will need to "hold" a position (your posture) rather than move through a range of motion, if that makes any sense. I am not trying to downplay you or anything, I just had to do a lot of rehab for my back injury and learned a lot from my physical therapists and on my own on the subject.

Offline FatM1ke

• Posting Member
Thanks anyway guys, I was just wondering if there was maybe something that could help temporarily before I start my workout routine again in the coming weeks. I sorta slacked off over the summer here and I've gotten a bit of weight back and of course it seems that its almost entirely gone to my chest (I've shown a few people and they've agreed), so yeah.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
do lots of situps.. strong abdominal muscles support the back and you will feel much better.would help with weight loss as well.

That wasn't part of your point? I was merely trying to state that you won't burn enough calories doing situps to make them a worthwhile exercise for fat loss. It is like telling someone that bicep curls help with fat loss, even though the number of calories burned is trivial. Also, doing crunches does nothing for your core stability. One looking to increase core strength would be better off training static strength doing things like L-sits for time, tuck sits for time, bridges and side bridges for time since you will need to "hold" a position (your posture) rather than move through a range of motion, if that makes any sense. I am not trying to downplay you or anything, I just had to do a lot of rehab for my back injury and learned a lot from my physical therapists and on my own on the subject.

i said help... not is the most effective exercise, any physical activity for someone who doesn't do any is going to help.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
But realistically it won't make an ounce of difference. Thats why people that buy into the crazy ab training programs on TV don't see results and give up. Doing crunches just isn't going to begin to make a dent, but I get what you are trying to say.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024