Author Topic: Fluid coming from the nipple whilst massaging!!!  (Read 3453 times)

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Hi
I had gyne op (lipo and excision) and am about 8weeks post op. A lump of hard stuff has formed under each nipple/areola. I was massaging quite firmly and rolling the lump between two fingers, when a clear fluid came out of my nipple as I pressed - just a few drops each time. After doing this, the lumps appeared to soften and just left the nipple a little puffy. I wear a stage 2 compression vest to sleep and the next morning, I woke with the same feeling - the lump a little soft, and a puffyness in the areola...is this normal? has anyone ever heard of or experienced this fluid from the nipple thing?? (maybe one of the docs could also give their view/opinion).
Also, is it dangerous that this fluid is coming from the nipple when firmly massaging?should I stop?

Cheers,

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
It sounds very odd indeed.  I would assume any lumps you feel would be scar tissue around the 8 week time frame, but it also sounds a lot like how people that describe their gynecomastia.  The fact that it comes out of the nipples I find kind of alarming.  Definitely call your PS and see what he has to say.  At 8 weeks there really shouldn't be any avenues for fluid to escape through your skin, unless male ducts remain intact after puberty if that were the case I would assume fluid would come out just after the op when there is the most swelling and fluid buildup.  Hopefully you aren't lactating.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:48:34 PM by gynebegone2 »

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Thanks for responses guys. Was told to massage by P.S as is usual after surgery, but it's 8 weeks later that i'vehad this fluid thing...it's a clear liquid..a few drops. Informed my ps (he's far away so I won't be able to see him for a while..) but he was very honest in saying that he'd never seen or heard anything like that before!!
So I was wondering if anyone else or one of the other docs on this board might chime in with some thoughts about this? PLEEEAAASE!!

Cheers

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
anybodyaybe one (Or oth)of the docs?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Sounds to me that your massaging too hard.  I am about 8 weeks post op as well and theres know way that i'd be rolling my scar tissue between my fingers...sounds painful and detrimental to your healing
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline chesticles

• Posting Member
I had a similar thing happen to me about 2 months in. Clear liquid came out of 1 nipple, while there was a dark liquid from the other which after a few days turned clear. It stopped after about a month and I never had any 'leakage' before surgery. To be honest I think it is just the body getting rid of fluid that had built up as a result of the operation and scarring.
Anyways I wouldn't worry about it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024