Author Topic: Backache due to large breasts  (Read 9508 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was just reading through some old posts and found this topic along with many suggestions for exercises and weight loss etc. While those suggestions were all good in their way, It seemed that they overlooked the immediate problem of the man's discomfort.

If a person has this problem, without regard to underlying conditions such as obesity or poor fitness, the most obvious way to provide some degree of comfort would be to use an athletic bra. The same would be true if one has a problem with a rash or chafing under large or pendulous breasts.

These are usually plain garments without shaped cups but made of stretchy materials which may actually help conceal or minimize the breasts while giving support. The best of these have no clasps but simply are pulled on. The only measurement needed is the measure around the chest immediately below the breast.

I know that the subject of wearing a bra can be a controversial one, but we are not talking style nor cross dressing but simply comfort.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Thank you for posting, that is a point I was getting frustrated with, people can preach lose weight all day long, but the fact of the matter is the here and now, what to do, losing 100 lbs isn't an easy or fast process.  So something needs to help along the way till you get to a point where it is manageable.  I spend a LOT of time in the car driving to and from work and usually the last half hour of my 1.5 hour drive is getting pretty uncomfortable having to hold things by hand the rest of the way home till the discomfort passes. 

I figured I would get something at least for the drive to/from so at least I have a few hours more comfortable, and if I can get something that won't be "detected" all day would be far better for now.  But weight loss isn't something that is coming easy. 

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
Time for me to jump in here.
Guys...........wake up!
Women wear bras to help prevent backaches. Simple engineering at work here....transfer frontal weight via the cups and straps to a proper center of gravity....more toward the spine. The larger the breasts, the more the support is needed.
Further, the design and placement of muscle tissue in a woman is slightly different than that found in males. Hence, if a man has breasts, he will require support at a smaller size than a woman.
Myself...5ft 7 inches.....145 pounds, so not considered over weight or fat. I get a good workout daily just doing my construction job. OK so far?
Now add a 36C chest! That adds approximately 5 or 6 pounds of extra weight ahead of my normal centerline. In otherwords....pulling my top half forward. That puts a strain on my back muscles.....add to that even more....the extra weight BOUNCES! Extra Strain! So you try to brace against the bounce.....now you are just adding to the problem.
Engineering example.....in 1949 the Tacoma Narrows Bridge colapsed after swaying and bouncing up and down in the wind.....the reason.....it was built without proper support to withstand the movement!

Guys........I found out some 25 years ago that wearing a bra for support eliminates back problems! Don't Knock It Til You Try It! You may be like me and wonder why you didn't try it sooner

Offline panhead

First I would like to thank those who have posted here concerning the use of a bra to control back pain and general discomfort.  I have also been dealing with these large breasts for many years and it wasn't until recently that I found this site and was able to learn about about my problem.  I had a heart attack back in March, that woke me up to the fact that I was doing everything wrong, eating and exercise were the big problems.  I listened to the Dr. and lost 50 pounds by diet and exercise but found that my two friends were even bigger, I thought for sure I would lose them along with the fat and weight lifting.  I was riding my bicycle 25 miles a day (weather permitting) and would really suffer back and neck problems.  I rode a 100 mile ride in Oct. and could hardly lift my head after the ride my neck hurt so much, and by bed time my back felt like it was broken.  I never gave a thought that my breasts were hanging straight down and bouncing around as I was over the handlebars.  Walking on the treadmill was also pure agony, the bouncing of my breasts would hurt so bad I just wanted to stop and forget about the exercise.  If I want to live I have to keep the plumbing clear and the blood flowing to my heart.
After reading the many posts concerning surgery I ruled that out as an option, then I got into acceptance of the problem.  I sat down with my wife and explained what I have been going through for 60 years, both emotional and physical and I said that as goofy as it sounded I was going to try a bra, she measured me and came up with a size I needed.  We went to a store and picked out a sports bra in the right size, I came home and put it on.  As mentioned in an earlier post, I wish I had done this years ago, what a relief.  No more pain and as goofy as it sounds the bra is really comfortable.  According to the measurements I am a 38 B/C, and from the the feeling when I take the bra off those breasts must really weigh a lot.  I have reached a point in life were I am now more concerned with how I feel rather than what others think.  I also have a much better feeling of acceptance of my breasts.  I think I have finally gotten over the embarrassment of someone finding out what I have, if they don't like it they don't have to look, and I don't know 90% of the people that stare at a man with breasts.  As someone else said, a bra is nothing more than another piece of clothing.  I will not buy a bra that makes my breasts look bigger and I have no intention of letting the world know that I wear a bra.  My wife understands the problem of breasts and the pain involved with lack of support and she has been very helpful.  I still feel funny getting up in the morning, putting on my shorts then my bra, it just doesn't sound normal for a man to be doing that.  I'm sure I will get over that feeling because I feel so much better physically.

Just my two cents worth.
Thanks again to all those that post here at gynecomastia.com, it sure has been a big help to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024