Author Topic: Surgery 2 months ago now back to puffy  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Yanks

Hey guys, I had my surgery April 13, 2008. Its been 2 months, and like many of you I feel like the puffiness has not really gone away. The first couple of weeks were great and I really felt like everything was going to be flat. The Doctor said I could start working out about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that ever since I started working out, the nipples are not as tight as they were and have started to puff out again. I am feeling a bit upset. I spent a lot of money to get this procedure done. The doc says to be patient and that the more cardio I do the more they will start to tighten back up. I did however get a sign of encouragement from the doctors massage therapist. She said that it takes at least 6 months to heal and at month 4 is when you start to see the almost finished product. I hope this is true. My doc mentioned something about lazer treatments to shrink the skin if I'm still not happy after surgery. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

Thanks

Offline MSJ108

Hey guys, I had my surgery April 13, 2008. Its been 2 months, and like many of you I feel like the puffiness has not really gone away. The first couple of weeks were great and I really felt like everything was going to be flat. The Doctor said I could start working out about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that ever since I started working out, the nipples are not as tight as they were and have started to puff out again. I am feeling a bit upset. I spent a lot of money to get this procedure done. The doc says to be patient and that the more cardio I do the more they will start to tighten back up. I did however get a sign of encouragement from the doctors massage therapist. She said that it takes at least 6 months to heal and at month 4 is when you start to see the almost finished product. I hope this is true. My doc mentioned something about lazer treatments to shrink the skin if I'm still not happy after surgery. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

Thanks

Dude, SAME EXACT THING WITH ME.  My doc said same thing... give it time and could take 6-7months before you see final results due to scar tissue and swelling

Offline MSJ108

Yeah man. From what I hear it could even take 4 -6 months to see final results.

i understand your concern. i had my procedure done at 10am this morning and I'm already getting anxious for final results. I just took my garment off for about 1 minute to check it out earlier -I was super flat but I know there's going to be a lot of changes taking place in the months ahead.

results change from one night to the next for some people.

Just don't get discouraged and hang in there bud!

congrats and get well brother

Offline Yanks

Wow 6-7 months. Well at least I'm not the only one with the same problem. I will be seeing my doctor in August and let ya'll know the results and post some pictures

Offline MSJ108

Hey man I was wondering if anyone knew anything about lazer treatments to shrink the skin
bc i had really puffy nipples before the surgery and im not sure if the extra skin is gonna just shrivel up and disappear or what??

not sure on that

Offline MSJ108

Wow 6-7 months. Well at least I'm not the only one with the same problem. I will be seeing my doctor in August and let ya'll know the results and post some pictures

have you seen any improvement since June 13th?

Offline dj19

When I was at 2 months I was also very, very frustrated. It was so, so, so difficult to go from the amazing result the first few days after I took off the garment the first time, to where I was at after 2 months. Yes, it was still better than before the surgery, but it was nowhere even close to where I wanted it to be.

I'm at about 3 1/2 months now, and things haven't changed much in the past month. So as someone who is going through the same thing as you, all I can offer is this: even if what we're seeing now is going to be the final result (and by all accounts it won't), there's nothing we can do about it yet anyway. Sounds like 6 months is the magic time frame when most surgeons are first willing to entertain any evaluation of their work. So as I see it, there's no sense worrying about anything until then. Which is hard, I have good days and bad days (especially now that its summer), but try to stay positive and appreciate the progress you've already made.

Also, having just found this forum today, I am feeling waaayyyy better knowing I'm not the only one having doubts. That's a good sign, actually.

Offline camtransboi

This is my exact situation. Things were perfect right after surgery and the nips have puffed up again. It's been 4 months and I am visiting my surgeon on Thursday.

Offline Scamp48

• Posting Member
This is my exact situation. Things were perfect right after surgery and the nips have puffed up again. It's been 4 months and I am visiting my surgeon on Thursday.

What did your surgeon say? my nips are still puffy post-op

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Exact same situation with me, 4 months post op.  Doctor said all will be ok in another few months, and final result around december.

Its a long wait for your final results but you have to be patient...

I'm interested to hear more about this laser skin shrinking thing though?
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
the gorn do you have pics .... would like to see

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I'd also like to know more about this laser thing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024