Author Topic: How long does it take to see final results?  (Read 16559 times)

Offline jett

• Posting Member
How long after surgery does it take to see the final results?

For those who have had the surgery, did you notice any improvement after 2 weeks post-surgery.  I have read that it can take 6 months to a year to be fully healed.  I am jw what changes occur after 2 weeks.

DrBermant

How long after surgery does it take to see the final results?

For those who have had the surgery, did you notice any improvement after 2 weeks post-surgery.  I have read that it can take 6 months to a year to be fully healed.  I am jw what changes occur after 2 weeks.

How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depend on the problem to be treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, how you heal and other factors.  You can see examples of my patients shortly after surgery on that link.  Tissues do evolve for many months after surgery.  With my minimal swelling and bruising techniques, the major changes happen on the operating table. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
At two weeks you probably wont see much.  As far as I remember around 10-14 days when when the swelling finally peaked and things started looking up after that.  I think there is sort of a pattern to the healing where right after the op things look good, then a few days in swelling and bruising begins to be a problem then finally the results start to slowly develop like a Polaroid.  I would say 8 weeks most major results can be seen, with things like scar tissue and skin tightening taking up to a few more months.

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
Withing the first few weeks,
can you hide the fact you got a surgery?
Or is it ok to move around and do the normal things you always do?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Your chest looks much improved a day or two after the op, but then the swelling will kick in and stay for around 4-6 weeks.  After that, you can expect scar tissue to develop which will last for about 6 months.

After THAT you should have your final results.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Three to six months for most...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mlion

• Posting Member
This feedback helps me a lot. I am now 3 weeks post operation and indeed now swelling takes place making me insecure about the results, but it was perfect in the first 10 days.

Still with swelling it is better than before, wearing single t-shirts and feeling good in it.

Looking forward for the Polaroid to develop  ;)

Offline jett

• Posting Member
i had surgery about 2.5 weeks ago.  i had a case of glandular, true gyno.  My body fat is about 12-15% and the gyno was not from fatty tissue.  doc told me that he removed all/almost all of the glandular tissue.  here i am 2.5 weeks after surgery and when i take off my vest and try on a form-fitting t-shirt i do not like what i see.  i am distraught.  I had swelling the first few days after surgery, which went down after those first few days.  I have not seen any significant changes since then.  my chest has been a source of insecurity for a few years now.  i fear that it will never be normal again.  there were days when i was comfortable with my chest.  i have always been into fitness and worked out.  then one day i saw a guy in the gym who was very muscular and very lean... i'm not gay but i will say that i thought he looked beautiful and i wanted to look like him.  i assumed he took steroids and therefore knew how to get them so i approached him and he got me an oral steroid.  i didn't even know what it was called at the time-i now know it was dianabol or d-bol.  he didn't tell me about anti-e's or SERMs which are used to prevent side effects of anabolic steroids.  i didn't even know that one could get gyno from taking steroids.  now i know that you can because of course i did.  i covered it up for a couple years until i decided to have the surgery.  i have tried nolvadex and letrozole already with no luck (about 2 years after i took d-bol which is a long time later).  anyway, so now i am 2.5 weeks after having the surgery and i am not happy with the way it looks so far.  when i put on shirts that i used to wear confidently i look in the mirror and see an odd contour.  it is difficult to describe, so i will try to upload some pictures.  these pictures i just took, so they are of course post-surgery.  a part of me wants to believe that it will get better, but another part believes that it will not.  will it get better?  or will it get worse?  no one really knows i suppose.  man, i hate this.

DrBermant

Your chest looks much improved a day or two after the op, but then the swelling will kick in and stay for around 4-6 weeks.  After that, you can expect scar tissue to develop which will last for about 6 months.

After THAT you should have your final results.

For my typical patient, the peak swelling is the day of the operation.  I really enjoy patients looking at themselves in our mirror and then comparing what the have the day after surgery to their before surgery images as shown on this Gynecomastia page.

i had surgery about 2.5 weeks ago.  i had a case of glandular, true gyno.  My body fat is about 12-15% and the gyno was not from fatty tissue.  doc told me that he removed all/almost all of the glandular tissue.  here i am 2.5 weeks after surgery and when i take off my vest and try on a form-fitting t-shirt i do not like what i see.  i am distraught.  I had swelling the first few days after surgery, which went down after those first few days.  I have not seen any significant changes since then.  my chest has been a source of insecurity for a few years now.  i fear that it will never be normal again.  there were days when i was comfortable with my chest.  i have always been into fitness and worked out.  then one day i saw a guy in the gym who was very muscular and very lean... i'm not gay but i will say that i thought he looked beautiful and i wanted to look like him.  i assumed he took steroids and therefore knew how to get them so i approached him and he got me an oral steroid.  i didn't even know what it was called at the time-i now know it was dianabol or d-bol.  he didn't tell me about anti-e's or SERMs which are used to prevent side effects of anabolic steroids.  i didn't even know that one could get gyno from taking steroids.  now i know that you can because of course i did.  i covered it up for a couple years until i decided to have the surgery.  i have tried nolvadex and letrozole already with no luck (about 2 years after i took d-bol which is a long time later).  anyway, so now i am 2.5 weeks after having the surgery and i am not happy with the way it looks so far.  when i put on shirts that i used to wear confidently i look in the mirror and see an odd contour.  it is difficult to describe, so i will try to upload some pictures.  these pictures i just took, so they are of course post-surgery.  a part of me wants to believe that it will get better, but another part believes that it will not.  will it get better?  or will it get worse?  no one really knows i suppose.  man, i hate this.

2.5 weeks is way to early to evaluate results.  If you have concerns, I have evolved this Standard Pictures for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery Problems that will emphasize deformities.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline JoeNY

• Posting Member
I AM 2 WEEKS POST OP AND IM STARTING TO WORRY .....ALOT OF THE BEFORE/AFTER PICS ON THIS SITE SEEM TO HAVE MORE APPARENT RESULTS THAN I DO SO FAR....I GUESS ITS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
 i have a very similar chest to u. working out i thought would make it better so thats all i did. and it back fired on me. MY chest is more boob shape now. Maybe we just got big chest?

heres my 4 months pic
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:06:37 PM by Gyno 44 »

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member

looks fine to me dude, you've got a developed chest and its just your pecs showing, no fatty tissue or anything - you've got a solid mans physique i think its all in your head.

Offline MSJ108

I AM 2 WEEKS POST OP AND IM STARTING TO WORRY .....ALOT OF THE BEFORE/AFTER PICS ON THIS SITE SEEM TO HAVE MORE APPARENT RESULTS THAN I DO SO FAR....I GUESS ITS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE

Don't worry. I thought I was in serious trouble at first. Things got better with time. Hang in there!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Don't worry. I thought I was in serious trouble at first. Things got better with time. Hang in there!

Hey dude...  So things are improving for you then?

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

looks fine to me dude, you've got a developed chest and its just your pecs showing, no fatty tissue or anything - you've got a solid mans physique i think its all in your head.

x2...

I agree with latediagnosis 100%. You look fine dude. You have well developed pecs my man. You have a very masculine looking chest. Def not Gynecomastia!

Don't go BDD on us now...  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024