Author Topic: What is actually scar tissue?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
What is it actually made of? Does it include gland? if it does include gland,than it can only sometimes be resolved with kenalog shots??

Thanks

DrBermant

What is it actually made of? Does it include gland? if it does include gland,than it can only sometimes be resolved with kenalog shots??

Thanks

A scar is the natural healing mechanism of the body.  The trick is how to minimize scars so the look good on animation.  Prevention is extremely important.  Healing after gynecomastia surgery and the eventual scars depends on the injury created during surgery.  Less trauma, less bruising, less swelling can all factor into better scars. 

Check out typical bruising and swelling after gynecomastia surgery for my patients.   After gynecomastia surgery compression garments and scar care after surgery are also critical factors.

I perform many revision gynecomastia surgeries on problems from other doctors.  Every path report has gland as part of my specimen I send for evaluation.  I see more residual gland as part of the scar when liposuction is the primary technique employed by the previous surgeon.  There are fingers of gland that extend through fingers of fat as you can see in these Anatomy of Gynecomastia Drawings

I also see gland mixed with the scar when Gland is left behind under areola with techniques that some surgeons prefer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Chest Surgery
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:06:25 PM by DrBermant »

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
So Kenalog shots will remove the scar tissue, but the gland will stay?

Offline MSJ108

So Kenalog shots will remove the scar tissue, but the gland will stay?

I believe that is correct my friend. By the way scar tissue sucks!  :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024