Author Topic: help define "safe" to start training chest (pls advice docs  (Read 3798 times)

Offline tradersg

• Posting Member
hey guys. 3 weeks post op and im feeling great! be it physically or psychologically.

i m feeling just a little sore when i stretch my chest muscles really wide.
can anyone please advice when is it safe to start chest training?
when you feel absolutely no pain or is a little soreness fine?
and what are the consequences if you start training chest when u have not fully recovered?

lastly, is it safe to take ephedrine and caffeine pills 2 weeks post op?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:47:34 AM by tradersg »

Offline tradersg

• Posting Member
anyone?

i really need some advice

cheers

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Went and saw the PS at 6 weeks, and he said it would be fine to start working out (although take it easy still don't go nuts).

Talk to your PS though.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:12:49 PM by cecly »

Offline jfk8

• Posting Member
Well, every doctor will tell you something different, but mine told that the major concern is higher blood pressure during exercise - I assume this means elevated risk of getting hematoma that wouldn't otherwise never happen. I'm sure the doctor's response also depends on how he thinks you've healed so far - I look great only 9 days after the surgery. The doctor told me I can start light training with very low weights and high reps 2 weeks after the surgery and get back to normal training 3 weeks after. Consult your own physician though as he may have a different opinion taking your situation into account which is unique in every case.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I started chest 3 weeks after my op, however I only had excision - I also only worked at about 70% of the intensity I normally would. Believe it or not I actually found working my shoulders more painful than chest, the full extension of my arms going directly up caused a bit of pain - I couldn't work shoulders until 4 weeks post op.

Offline jfk8

• Posting Member
Had my first workout today, 11 days after the operation. Made sure I didn't hold my breath, did higher reps and didn't push 100%. No problems at all, felt great. Only thing is, I can't lift my arms straight up. Still a bit painful but will probably go away within few days.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:43:29 PM by jfk8 »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
When I went to my consultation, the doc told me 4 weeks is when working out can be okay.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline jfk8

• Posting Member
When I went to my consultation, the doc told me 4 weeks is when working out can be okay.

I'm pushing as hard as I can after 3 weeks and have no problems at all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024