Author Topic: Had surgery last month, feeling pretty down about how I look right now  (Read 1486 times)

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Well I posted this on the other forum but I felt like I could come talk about it here too if anyone doesn't mind helping a guy out.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16574.0

^that's pretty much what i'm dealing with right now. the first couple days after surgery were great and now it's all hell again. do you think the surgeon didnt remove enough gland or i am just dealing with scar tissue and swelling? i just want to know why it was all perfect the first few days and now my right side is sagging big time and if i flex my chest looks absolutely terrible like ughh man I don't know what to do. any help would be awesome.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I can't stress enough how important it is to be patient after the surgery.  I know how you feel, believe me.  I'm over 7 months post-op and my scar tissue is just STARTING to break up.  The important thing is that you said your chest looked great right after the surgery.  This usually means that the surgeon did his job.  One day after the surgery, I felt and looked like a new man.  Unfortunately the scar tissue began to develop in a couple days and everything went to hell.  My chest went from looing 95% better to probably 30% better, and it hasn't changed up until recently.  I have a feeling it's going to take me between a year and a year and a half to see the final results.  You just need to hang in there and be patient. You've probably been living with gyne for years and years, so I'm sure you can tough it out for another couple of months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024