Author Topic: Dr. Michael Bermant  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Bob2000

• Posting Member
Hello Doctor, after researching for many months i am most comfortable with seeking you as my surgeon. i have one question and concern. I realize you get this question all the time, however mine has a bit more to it. It seems by chest area is super sensitive to anything i apply to my scalp, and sadly my hair does respond very well to topicals, so  now i am stuck with choosing to go bald or have hair with breasts. I am wondering if i can have both the hair and regular male chest. If i do get surgery and remove ALL of the gland, wouldn't it be possible to get a small implant...like a small circular silicone device which would prevent the nipples from collapsing? I am no surgeon, so in my mind that idea makes sense, if it sounds absurd please enlighten me. It would be nice to know the dreaded gland wouldn't grow  again simply because of some herbal product.

DrBermant

Hello Doctor, after researching for many months i am most comfortable with seeking you as my surgeon. i have one question and concern. I realize you get this question all the time, however mine has a bit more to it. It seems by chest area is super sensitive to anything i apply to my scalp, and sadly my hair does respond very well to topicals, so  now i am stuck with choosing to go bald or have hair with breasts. I am wondering if i can have both the hair and regular male chest. If i do get surgery and remove ALL of the gland, wouldn't it be possible to get a small implant...like a small circular silicone device which would prevent the nipples from collapsing? I am no surgeon, so in my mind that idea makes sense, if it sounds absurd please enlighten me. It would be nice to know the dreaded gland wouldn't grow  again simply because of some herbal product.

A silicone implant tends to be firmer than fat and more like gland.  It will look like the glandular component has never gone away.  If a scar capsule forms about the implant, as they often do, then the problem will look worse after surgery than it did before.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique for Gynecomastia Surgery.  A Fat Flap permits me to target the gland first and then use the near fat to fill a void if needed.  Fat look like and moves like fat.  I have not seen a crater deformities from my technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

Offline Bob2000

• Posting Member
True, however we cannot control the size of the gland. for those of us who suffer from gynecomastia the gland has grown beyond its own size, however we CAN control how big the cilicone implant is. If it is small enough to just prevent a crater deformity, it may not present a problem as did the initial pre-op gland.

DrBermant

True, however we cannot control the size of the gland. for those of us who suffer from gynecomastia the gland has grown beyond its own size, however we CAN control how big the cilicone implant is. If it is small enough to just prevent a crater deformity, it may not present a problem as did the initial pre-op gland.

Sorry, silicone implants are just a bad idea for the male chest.  There is no advantage.  My fat flaps just work fine for this problem.  There is just NO justification for the risks and costs of the implant for this sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline soillinois

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant, how many times would I need to travel and see you?  I live way to far and can not afford to travel.  Curious if you would even consider referring another Dr. in the close to the southern Illinois area.

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant, how many times would I need to travel and see you?  I live way to far and can not afford to travel.  Curious if you would even consider referring another Dr. in the close to the southern Illinois area.

We see many Illinois Gynecomastia Patients and others from around the world who prefer my techniques. 

Most start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel.  Patients complete a series of history forms and send standard pictures (which ones depend on the type gynecomastia to be treated.)  We then have a telephone discussion, or possibly a series of phone calls over a limited time frame. During this phone call(s) we explore options and I can evaluate patients to set up a tentative surgery.  Patients are then examined the day before the surgery.  Patients are typically in town for three days.  For our more complex operations, patients need to stay a few additional days.

If interested, Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024