Author Topic: What did you do in the first week?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
What were you able to do in the first week after your syrgery?

I have been in bed for most of the day but surely you cant stay in bed all week?!

When were you able to resume normal activities?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Banobo

Alright hope, i felt in the first week i could be fairly active but i kept things to a minimum just to be safe. I wasn't in bed most of the week but i did chill on the sofa, i was able to do basic stuff like cooking and general things day to day just always kept my movements light and easy.

How's things coming along so far?

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
So far so good.

I have minimal pain under my arms which dont allow me to move my arms freely.

I hope I can leave the house on monday. I also want to have a shower so badly but have to wait until Friday when my dressing comes off!!

Banobo

You hear of folk out and about after a day or two so maybe you'll be fine man, only you can tell. I was walking to local shops for a pint oh milk and things after two days but just made sure i wasn't carrying anything heavy.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
I'm on my 5th day and I'm still spending the majority of my time resting and relaxing. I can get up and walk around, I'm able to go downstairs and make myself a meal and I was able to shower but I'm still pretty sore in a couple of spots.

It really depends on the person, we all heal differently. I definitely feel better today than I did the day before.. and that's pretty much been the case every day so far. Just don't push it or strain yourself, your body basically just went through a trauma. It needs rest so it can heal up properly.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024