Author Topic: getting gyno surgery in a week - questions for the doc  (Read 4122 times)

Offline epoxy

im having my gynecomastia surgery done in a week. the breast cancer center is doing the surgery. the doc there has done the surgery many times and he was able to get it paid for by my insurance because i went through them and they dont bill it as gyno surgery, they bill it as a breast biopsy removing 'tumors' from my chest. im not getting any lipo done, but he has told me that they will remove a good amount of whats there with the surgery, incisions right above the areola and extract everything they can, but leaving enough so that my nipples wont end up inverted. just curious of what a plastic surgeon thinks about a general surgeon doing this kind of work. i really cannot afford it myself and i wouldnt be able to for a long time, so i felt like this seemed like a good option to get it taken care of. i have already gotten the special post-op vest as well so ill be able to use that. thanks.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
im having my gynecomastia surgery done in a week.  the doc there has done the surgery many times and he was able to get it paid for by my insurance because i went through them and they dont bill it as gyno surgery, they bill it as a breast biopsy removing 'tumors' from my chest. 

That says it all right there.  Doesn't really sound above board to me.  Good luck with that.

George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024