Author Topic: Smoking Marijuana After Surgery  (Read 25315 times)

Offline MX

• Posting Member
Ok.

So I plan on getting the excision+lipo and getting this gyno fixed.

I smoke weed alot. Normally ill smoke a cigarrello every day after work

Im gonna not smoke before the surgery for a few days, and until i completely heal up.

But after I am healed up, if I start smoking like I do now, will the gland reform?

Since im getting excision, the gland is going to be removed.

I noticed some people on the forum said their gyne came back after smoking weed, but they didnt say if they just had the lipo or if they actually had the gland removed. If they just had the lipo, its pretty obvious that they would get gyne again from smoking pot because it was never removed in the first place.

So if I get the gyne fixed via lipo+excision, what are the chances that the gland will regrow if I start smoking again after surgery?

BTW: I can stop smoking if I really have to, I just dont want to. I like it too much :P

ANY HELPFUL COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
Well even with excision, everything is not removed otherwise you would have a crater-like look to your chest. There is always a possibility of it returning from what I know (which may not be much  :o)

In any case, I'm not 100% convinced that marijuana is the cause (don't quote me on this though! I'm not a doctor). Personally, I believe it has to do with a lot of different things because I know so many people who smoke and they do not have gyno. However though, I think it can be a contributing factor.

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
if you over do it i think it might harm you if your a light smoker and only smoke the fine 20 a gram dank ( much cleaner high) i think you should be alright but dont go smoking pounds of dirt weed

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
You are playing with fire my man...no pun intended

GynO_DuDe

Not going to return over night ...

If you binge then yeah, along with stupid weight gain, you'll get t!ts again.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The marijuana issue is hotly contested and you'll never convince anyone who does not want to listen.

Marijuana does not directly cause Gynecomastia Per Se. What it does do is raise the Estrogen levels somewhat. In susceptible men, it can lead to Gynecomastia. The simple fact is that Marijuana users are more likely to have Gynecomastia than non-users. Since you are here, it is not presumptive to say that you are a susceptible person; so Marijuana use is problematic.

Since the active ingredient in Marijuana is an oil, it is stored in the fat cells and released over an extended time. (Which explains why it can be found in drug screening tests long after the last use.) So even infrequent use can have an effect on breast growth.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:20:25 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
Here's the deal.  When I went for my pre-op consult w/ the PS, he said (I paraphrase) "I want to ask you some prelim questions to help determine if your condition could have any outside or unusual causes"  One of the questions was "do you smoke marijuana or cigarettes?" 

I dunno if I'd want to risk resuming a linked activity after plunking down thousands.  Also, as your doc will tell you, you really shouldn't smoke for at least 2 weeks prior and after the surgery for healing purposes. 

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Not going to return over night ...

If you binge then yeah, along with stupid weight gain, you'll get t!ts again.
Touche....or should I say...Summer's Eve....Seriously though u may have a point.It took many years of smoking that "dirt weed" before mine came back. If only I could have afforded the good stuff...just be careful! Feeble minded people like me have trouble with moderation, and yeah...getting fat to boot doesn't help either! I wish alcohol satisfied me the way weed does. Then it would just be a liver transplant I needed. At least my worthless insurance MIGHT pay for that!

Offline MX

• Posting Member
It took many years of smoking that "dirt weed" before mine came back. If only I could have afforded the good stuff...just be careful!

Dang bro. Did you have the excision also? and well how bad was your "dirt weed". because im smoking some dank shwag. usually a ciggarrelo a day. is this more or less what your were smoking when your gyne returned?

Does smoking a more potent bud decrease the risk of getting your gyne back?

mods: post is strictly for educational purposes

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
If your gyne is enough of a problem for you to have surgery then I would never do something that has any percent of a chance of bringing the gyne back.

Offline haisook

• Bronze Member
  • Hormones Deranged.
Marijuana could be a factor among the factors that caused your gynecomastia to develop in the first place. In fact, it could be the only trigger that caused your condition or at least prevented it from dying out. This means your body is sensitive to this substance and you are at risk of developing and maintaining gynecomastia from it. So my advice is to stop smoking from now on, and for ever. Otherwise, simply you will very likely get the condition back.
I'm a medical student with gynecomastia. Yeah, medical professionals get it too.

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Marijuana could be a factor among the factors that caused your gynecomastia to develop in the first place. In fact, it could be the only trigger that caused your condition or at least prevented it from dying out. This means your body is sensitive to this substance and you are at risk of developing and maintaining gynecomastia from it. So my advice is to stop smoking from now on, and for ever. Otherwise, simply you will very likely get the condition back.
Good advice! Believe me, the only thing worse than having gyne is getting rid of it and then watching it come back.

Offline kingboob

You could make the same claim about tap water.......   Plenty of people smoke various things without getting gyne............ there may or may not be some risk (other than the usual risks that go with pumping your lungs full or tar) of gyne by smoking weed........... but to say that it is as clear cut as that is pretty misleading IMO.

Many over the counter herbal suppliments and health/fitness shops openly sell things far more likely to cause gyne than pot.

Offline haisook

• Bronze Member
  • Hormones Deranged.

You could make the same claim about tap water.......   Plenty of people smoke various things without getting gyne............ there may or may not be some risk (other than the usual risks that go with pumping your lungs full or tar) of gyne by smoking weed........... but to say that it is as clear cut as that is pretty misleading IMO.

Many over the counter herbal suppliments and health/fitness shops openly sell things far more likely to cause gyne than pot.

I think there isn't a more obvious evidence of the effect of marijuana on one's chest than being a marijuana smoker with gynecomastia. Some people are more susceptible to certain substance than other people. Smoking cigarettes, for instance, for years without getting lung cancer does not mean smoking is safe. It's an established risk factor, and in the original poster's case, marijuana is a risk factor that has been proved - in his own body - to take effect.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:19:36 PM by haisook »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
which brings us around to the obvious analogy.  smoking pot after a gyne op is kind of like smoking tobacco after a lung cancer surgery.  you could do it.  it's possible it might not come back for a while or maybe even at all.  but you would be choosing your addiction over your well-being.  i personally think that kind of risk would be a little dumb, and any consequences from your choice are all on you.  you should have to pay to deal with any recurrence yourself with nobody else's help. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024