Author Topic: My feelings  (Read 8564 times)

13genof

I am no different than anyone else on this site, other than I have accepted my Gynecomastia and have decided to live with it instead of surgery.

I admit that I have had thoughts of surgery, but back then it was out of the picture because of money, and now due to my health for the last 8 years, does this my me a troll, or a freak or a weirdo!    HELL NO!
I spent some years ashamed of my chest!

I spent sometime locked in my house!

I spent time trying to hide it!

I spent time swimming with a shirt on, or not swimming at all!

I also hurt myself by not dating, because of gynecomastia! Any women who really cares about you and loves you, DOES NOT give a shyt about your BOOBS, if she doesn't accept them, then its time to find a different lady!

I have and still hear all the comments, like look he has breast,boobs, breasts, moobs, he needs a bra, or can I play with your boobs, or even when my wife and I go shopping and she is shopping for a swimming suit, or a bra, and people say is that for her or me because I have bigger breast than her, sometimes I say yes the bra is for me because I have a Medical conditionthat causes me to have breast and it is called Gynecomastia.

But because of money and not being able to afford surgery I had to accept my Gynecomastia!

Does that mean that I am against surgery, NO, I just don't believe that it is the only option in life, and people should have a choice, and it should not be pushed upon them!

If a person can't come to terms with Gynecomastia, and has the money to have surgery then by all means have the surgery, but, DON'T BASH ANYONE AND DON'T MAKE ANYONE FEEL THAT SURGERY IS THE ONLY OPTION!  Because we are no different than you, we just have accepted our gynecomastia due to medical or money reason,  or choice and we are living with it the best we know how, and we are taking care of our breast properly, and if you have a problem with that, then you need Psychological help!

8)Geno
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:47:50 PM by 13genof »

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
I heartily agree.  ;)

Your post also highlights the disservice we do to each other because of our own head-trips. No one wants to create a bunch of attention for ourselves, but we don't want to be treated like a modern-day leper either. As I said elsewhere, we who are older need to mentor the younger. Who better to teach them that it is their character that makes the man, not the body the man is in?

Anon

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
Thankyou and well said by the both of you.
Some people make far too much of the little stuff in life. I grew breasts as a result of medication taken following a very serious accident....but I am alive to see my grandchildren grow up. I live to watch sunrises...or trees budding in the spring....need I go on?
I have chosen to live with my condition as they may very well grow back after surgery and yes, I choose to wear a bra! I have the love ofa wonderful, my family and many friends whom all know of my choices. I have a very rewarding career and a full life......what else should a person achieve in life?

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
should read "wonderful woman"

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Just a question are we to read this book why? 

I have no desire to be a woman, I am just a man with a condition that causes me breast, and because I choose not to live with breast that hang down to my waist, I take care of them the proper way which is a garment made sooly to support breast tissue not squish the tissue, so they don't wind up at your waist.  If I am out of line I will gladly addmitt it.

8)Geno

Uh, Geno...he was correcting a typo in his response above.  ::)

But thanks for the laugh!  ;D

Offline gotgyne

I am no different than anyone else on this site, other than I have accepted my Gynecomastia and have decided to live with it instead of surgery.

I admit that I have had thoughts of surgery, but back then it was out of the picture because of money, and now due to my health for the last 8 years, does this my me a troll, or a freak or a weirdo!    HELL NO!
I spent some years ashamed of my chest!

I spent sometime locked in my house!

I spent time trying to hide it!

I spent time swimming with a shirt on, or not swimming at all!

I also hurt myself by not dating, because of gynecomastia! Any women who really cares about you and loves you, DOES NOT give a shyt about your BOOBS, if she doesn't accept them, then its time to find a different lady!

I have and still hear all the comments, like look he has breast,boobs, breasts, moobs, he needs a bra, or can I play with your boobs, or even when my wife and I go shopping and she is shopping for a swimming suit, or a bra, and people say is that for her or me because I have bigger breast than her, sometimes I say yes the bra is for me because I have a Medical conditionthat causes me to have breast and it is called Gynecomastia.

But because of money and not being able to afford surgery I had to accept my Gynecomastia!

Does that mean that I am against surgery, NO, I just don't believe that it is the only option in life, and people should have a choice, and it should not be pushed upon them!

If a person can't come to terms with Gynecomastia, and has the money to have surgery then by all means have the surgery, but, DON'T BASH ANYONE AND DON'T MAKE ANYONE FEEL THAT SURGERY IS THE ONLY OPTION!  Because we are no different than you, we just have accepted our gynecomastia due to medical or money reason,  or choice and we are living with it the best we know how, and we are taking care of our breast properly, and if you have a problem with that, then you need Psychological help!

8)Geno

Hi Geno,

very well said.

There is more than one solution for gynecomastia and some guys like you and myself in the end decided to live with this condition. Of course it was not easy at first, and some years ago I was very self-conscious about my protruding chest. But we don't need to hide from the public, for we are no criminals.

John

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:06:20 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

As I said elsewhere, we who are older need to mentor the younger. Who better to teach them that it is their character that makes the man, not the body the man is in?

That's true! I don't envy in the least boys with gynecomastia. Already puberty is a difficult period for itself, but with gynecomastia it can be hell, especially if the parents are ignorant.

John  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:15:39 AM by gotgyne »

Offline gotgyne

Hi Geno,

I just noticed that you canceled your membership and left the forum. Whatever the reason may be, I'm sad to see you go but I hope that you are doing well.

Good luck!

John
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:03:58 AM by gotgyne »

Offline Tiffany

• Posting Member
13genof,

If you are lurking I hope that you return as all who accept gynecomastia are needed to strengthen the younger ones that are seeking support.
  I'm sure that there are others out there who cannot afford surgery or may choose to accept this for reasons of their own. They need others that have gone down this road.
  Take care and may God bless,

Tiff
It's too easy to get on a "woe is me" kick.
Life is too good in other ways.
If I can't poke fun of myself I sure would be pathetic.

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
13genof,

I certainly hope that your leaving has nothing to do with my attempt at levity. That was the point of the humor - that we've all misread something and made a comment that didn't fit. It's nothing to get embarrassed about. If in the end I've offended you, then please accept my sincere apology and rejoin us.

Warmest regards,

Anon

Offline Badr

• Posting Member
Maybe our gynecomastis is just a filter of love .. !
which makes u discover real one !

Offline thetodd

I say fair play to you. My old man has got gyne and it doesnt bother him in the slightest and he was the one who drove me up to see my surgeon and joked about "dont let karidis see me he'l wanna whop me bangers off". And i can see where your comming from but i hand on heart think these days its harder for young lads. I mean look at what were competing with on the telly and the constant Moob jabs at celebs in the tabloids. Although i never had the degree of shit you get from people (and fair play for letting it bounce off you) i had a load of shit from kids in my year at school

and 8 years after i got gyne, i saved for surgery and got it fixed. And honestly im happier than ever and i do not come from a rich background at all. And from it ive actually got a Job ive wanted and a girlfriend. Now dont get me wrong im not saying its cause ive got a flat chest but i now actually feel comfortable in my own skin and stand tall these days.

I would reccomend surgery a 100% to anyone whos willing to have it and understands the risks of it. And i can see where you are all comming from if i had kids was struggling then no way would i be forking out £4kish for surgery. But at the time i was a 20 year old lad living at home ... it was an ideal situation!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
If you're happy to live without surgery, more power to you.

I just got surgery because I could, but I would never judge another person's decision not to get it.

I think it's sad that some guys avoid women/dating because of gynecomastia, though.  I wanted to fix this for me, not for anyone else.  I never let gyne change how I approached relationships.  Just how I approached the swimming pool.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024