Author Topic: Removing Dressings  (Read 2145 times)

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I am currently 9 days post-op and was meant to be having an appointment tomorrow to have the dressings removed. However, since i live quite a while away from the hospital where i had my surgery, they said i don't have to come in tomorrow and can remove them at home. Do many people do this? Is it wise to skimp this 1 week post-op check up?

If not, what is the best advise for removal? Have a shower and then let it peel off? :)

DrBermant

Hi,

I am currently 9 days post-op and was meant to be having an appointment tomorrow to have the dressings removed. However, since i live quite a while away from the hospital where i had my surgery, they said i don't have to come in tomorrow and can remove them at home. Do many people do this? Is it wise to skimp this 1 week post-op check up?

If not, what is the best advise for removal? Have a shower and then let it peel off? :)

Failing to follow through on your doctor's advice can put the surgical results at risk.  Different problems require different dressings and after surgery care.

Gynecomastia Surgery Dressing removal can damage underlying tissues. That is why I individualize my patients' dressing removals.  For more delicate sculpture, I prefer to remove the dressings myself.  For others, I am on the phone with my patients why they are removing their dressings. 

Each doctor has his / her own preferences. However, you will need to carefully check just what type result your doctor's techniques result in.  What I post on my website is typical for my patients with my technique. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024