Author Topic: 3 weeks after surgery - 16 years old  (Read 1732 times)

Offline togaset

Hello all,

Well 3 weeks ago I had my breasts done in Austria(Europe) by an experienced breast surgeon to treat gynecomastia. 3 weeks later I'm very glad I did it but I am slightly worried about my left nipple as it still appears to be slightly "puffy". The operation took 2 hours and afterwards I stayed in hospital for 2 nights with tubes draining extra blood from the breats under my armpits. Although very happy with the results, my left nipple is still a bit puffy as said and rather bruised. I noticed however that I didn't wear any "vest" as some have in this forum, should I be worried? The right one is looking fantastic, except for a slight "fold" of skin in the middle the scaring from where the cut on the bottom of the nipple was made is not even visible anymore.

I do realise its only 3 weeks after surgery and my doctor said it will take a few months for the swelling to die down but I just want to make sure it's all normal.

I'll try and get some pics when I can.

Thanks..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:36:50 PM by togaset »

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
I have the same problem as you (but on both nips, + I'm already 10 weeks post op).
Apparently this is a common problem amongst post gyno op patients. Have read numerous threads on this topic.
Swelling/scarring/puffiness can take months to settle down. Some people say give it 3 months. Others say 6 months up to a full year.

I'm not sure about the vest since some wear it, some don't. I wore mine for 6 weeks straight. Nipples were very flat until 2 weeks post op. Then they got bigger. Since I removed the vest, they have become even more puffy (since nothing is pressing them down anymore).

Maybe your surgeon can tell you why he doesn't want you to wear a compression vest. I repeat, in some cases, the result is very good, even without the vest.

Offline JamesVH

• Posting Member
Same situation. I had surgery and wore vest for 3 weeks post op (age 18). My nipples are still slightly poofy (the left more than the right; the left side had more fat in it post op :(). I'm about 7 weeks post op and my scar tissue has been decreasing, but I can still feel a decent amount left. My glands were removed and I had 300ccs of fat lipo-ed from each side. Pretty annoying...I'm more comfortable with my shirt off than with it on in a way :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024