Author Topic: Regaining Sensation in nipple Post-Op  (Read 2925 times)

Offline blueturtle80085

• Posting Member
Hi I just had surgery. I am pleased with the results. I had large glands under both nipples but very little to no extra fat. My surgery did not require any liposuction, just gland excision. I am now 10 days post-op and my drains and stitches have been removed. All in all I am very impressed, especially so because my surgery was not done by a plastic surgeon (a skilled surgeon none-the-less). My chest looks extremely flat. I was worried about it appearing concave but that is not the case. The best part of the whole procedure was that Anthem, my insurance company, covered 80% of the entire cost so my bill was just under 1,000USD.

My question is this.. I have not regained nipple sensation. Will I? And if so.. when should I expect to? I meant to ask my doctor when she was removing the drains but I completely forgot. Also, what works good for scars? My surgeon recommended mederma but I know that can be costly. Anything else work good? Thanks for your help

Offline PBC

• Bronze Member
Congrats on your surgery! After my surgery (excision/lipo) my nipple sensation slowy returned over the course of a few months, eventually returning to pre surgery level of sensation. All I ever put on my incisions was neosporin, if I recall correctly. They healed just fine. If you don't mind sharing with us, how in the world did you get your insurance to pay 80% of your fee? Do you have photos of their CEO doing something illegal?...j/k
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 06:51:21 AM by PBC »

Offline blueturtle80085

• Posting Member
My insurance (Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield) covered my surgery completely (to the extent allowed under my policy) as they deemed it medically necessary. I had my endo and PCP say that it was causing me physical and emotional pain.

The 80% is what my insurance policy covers once I reach my $1,000 dollar deductible, meaning they will pay 80% of all costs related to covered expenses. Prior to having the surgery i had already reached the deductible via numerous other doctors visits earlier in the year.

I will try to get pictures up soon.

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
I'm about one month post-op, and my nipples are still numb. It's one of those side effects that affect some, but don't affect others. I've read it can take a number of months to regain sensation, and the possibility of full sensation recovery isn't guaranteed.

I'll continue to wait.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024