Author Topic: Gyne surgery went wrong - planning for revision surgery  (Read 5967 times)

Offline freedom.i.desrved

• Posting Member
Hi guys,
      I am very sorry that I haven't posted in long time. I was very depressed that my surgery results weren't good. You can see the pics attached here in the post. I am planning for a revision surgery soon. I am trying to give in a some experienced advise for pre-op s here. Also i am seeking advice about revision surgery

My Advice for Pre-op guys
--------------------------
     Plz try to find the underlying cause for the gyne rather than just trying to chop it off. I have had consultations and hormone tests with 2 doctors one from apollo, chennai and one from mainpal, bangalore before i decided to go for the surgery. They both took hormone tests and said that everything is normal. I didn't have an other go and I went for surgery and as you see it did not go very well. Now I am feeling bad that I did not find the root cause and treat it.
     Atleast now I am lucky to have found a doctor who is trying to find the root cause. I have now found that I have elevated Estradiol(primary estrogen) levels and trying to figure out why that happens. Also the previous 2 endocrinologists haven't even ordered an estradiol test before saying that I did not have a problem. The problem with indian doctors is that they are not even aware of intersex and gender disorders. Even if they are aware of it they are never ready to accept such problems exist and they try to match everything within what is normal. If you want to get rid of the problem please do research yourself and do not believe others.

As a starting point go to the link and see if you have any of these disorders. http://www.transfaithonline.org/intersections/intersex/types/ There are a lot of other sites discussing about inter-sex disorders. You have to read 100s of sites to get exactly what you want. Even a same intersex condition can have very contrasting symptoms. So you have to read in like 20-30 places before ruling out one type of disorder. There are atleast 20-30 disorders that result in people getting secondary characters of different sex and many of them can be treated without surgery. Please spend a lot of time in research and do the tests yourself. I can guide if you guys in this forum have any doubts in finding root cause.

Seeking Advice
--------------
Please tell me which doctor should I go for reconstruction. I want to be very careful this time around. Have anyone of you done reconstruction or planning to have one. Please suggest me what I should do. I am feeling that even the pre-op days were better. I have attached my pics here. Plz help me.

looking for a normal life,
Vishnu

PS: I believe there could even be doctors in this forum disguised as patients and trying to lure people. Don't get cheated easily.

Personally I had always believed strongly in god before. But now I have turned an athiest as I believe if god is there he will not produce abnormal people like us.

Offline fighter

• Bronze Member
well dude !m really thankful for such a informatic post about gynecomastia.
  m also lost my faith in everything . i am just living like shyt. day by day waiting for surgery . i thought after surgery life will normal ! but after seen your case m really depressed. i hope that your revision surgery will be good . ganesh and you  both are in similar condition. he also trying to revision surgery he will give you information that he collected. so please ask him

and please advice me what to do ? go for surgery or not?

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:22:33 PM by fighter »
FIGHTER

• Posting Member
thanks for an understanding reply dude...I have faced all those humiliations here...I believe half the hijras are actually people like us who got transformed and ran away from their homes not able to tolerate continuous humiliation from so called friends....people like us who have a chance and exposure have come here trying to get out of this....I sometimes think that had I been living somewhere in the west I wouldnt have cared for the gyne and have accepted how god made me and lived with it...atleast I wouldnt have gone for an operation and be like this

coming to your issue I am again saying that gyne is just a symptom...try to find what is causing that....once you do that and get a treatment and after that there is more than 50% chance that your gyne goes away with your treatment(like testosterone treatment)...even after that if your gyne is there then you have to go under the knife...dont go and fall straight away

the thing is I went to an endo in the same hospital before my surgery. but all that she did was giving a formal go ahead for the plastic surgery. so dont just go to any endocrinologist but search for Indian doctors who had posted papers in journals and conferences about similar situations and reach them. I am not trying to say that surgery can be as bad as it happened for me. all that I am saying is surgery is the last option. I had a huge gyne and generally when it is not very skillfully done it usually requires corrective surgery. Also to make matters worse I had gland removal also.

for the endocrinologists I have seen here they are very scared of hormone treatment for our conditions. All that they are comfortable with is dealing with thyroid and diabetic patients. i recently found a clinic in delhi where they do hormone treatments for cases like us. http://www.diabetesthyroidhormone.com/index.htm. I skimmed through their site and they looked like they knew what they are talking about. I am planning for a visit next week. will keep you guys posted about my results.

Ganesh, any inputs for me about corrective surgery will be greatly appreciated

thanks,
your secret friend :)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
hi freedom.i.desrved,
I understand that you were not happy with the results. you are correct in saying that first you should have your hormones checked by an endo. many people get gyne back after surgery because of hormone problems..
about the hormonal treatments that you are talking about for gyne, they work only if your gyne is less than 2 years old ..   they have far more side effects than surgery.. 
in my case, i was very keen to undergo surgery initially.. but one endo suggested me an anti-estrogen drug..
i took it for 6 months..
 my bones got brittle.. i had fractures due to that.. my gyne never got cured.. still curse that endocrinologist who prescribed me that drug.. because otherwise I would have gone for surgery and would not have wasted my life for the last 6 years.. hence please think several times before you opt for hormonal treatment..

Offline fighter

• Bronze Member
first thank you freedom.i.desrved,wantnewlife  for all thz information

ok guyzz ! sometimes  my family memberz calls me hijra in abuse like "Hijra saala koi kaam nahi karta" at that time i feel real pain inside !but i know that i m man ok

freedom.i.desrved
i visited tht site http://www.diabetesthyroidhormone.com ??? i m confused after visiting this site
because they dont have a single pre and post treatment pic of gynecomastia patient . and they are telling in that site that there is no side effect of that treatment ??? .but we all knows hormone therapy has many side effects . you can ask most of user from this forum who undergone hormone therapy . i dont know why they are giving wrong information to the patients  . i visited many disorder section of that site but only commom things in all these treatment that they dont have any side effect

i think this site  is misguiding patient about side effects of treatments anyways all the best for your future visit

wantnewlife

really i feel sad abot your condtion ! hope you will now in good health condition. so you are planing for surgury in future?  after reading your post i understand side effect of hormone therapy .

now i am thinking to accept gynecomastia : :-* because at last everything going worse :'( lol joking

well i am confused rightnow

please give me suggestion freedom.i.desrved,wantnewlife 

thanks in advance

• Posting Member
Wanted,
   Thanks for your insights. The other side looked greener to me  :) Now I understand our lives are never too simple.
   Can you name the estrogen inhibitor that your endo suggested? is it an estrogen inhibitor or aromatese inhibitor?

Fighter,
    i have nothing to tell you now. I am myself as confused :(  But I will ask you not to rush into anything. Go in for something when you know it will work 100% percent.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Freedom,
it was Tamoxifen. I think it's estrogen inhibitor.. one question.. do we need somebody to be with you for surgery? or is it possible to manage alone?
Fighter,
Am also confused like you. am probably not even the right person to give you advice.. I think Freedom has given you the correct advice. Don't rush.. Get your hormone levels checked. if everything is normal, think about surgery. i think we have to just consider it as cosmetic surgery.. i know how difficult it is to make up your mind for surgery.. about result, no doctor is ready to guarantee .. sometimes u have to take some tough decisions and go ahead..anyway best of luck..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:29:30 PM by wantnewlife »

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
dude ..

im wondering after seeing ur pics...

so wts ur problem.. ur chest looks flat for me...

i see some scar in one side... apart from tht it looks good...

i dnt understand ur problem buddy

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
agree with ganesh..  atleast I don't see any gyne..
freedom,  why did u even think about hormonal treatment?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline jigupse

• Posting Member
I agree with some of the above posts. It looks OK, not bad.

And I wouldnt term it as 'Gyne surgery went wrong'. I would say the surgery is partially sucessfull!

As the only problem you now have is removing your t-shirt in public places becauew of that left nipple which is a bit indented. But on the other hand, you can wear any clothing you want and people will not notice your gyne...

So if you were to ask my opinion, I would say not go for the revision surgey. Alternatively consult your PS whether he can get rid of the indented nipple by applying some ointments or somthing. Also, you could hit the gym and work-out..this shouldnt be a problem because you dont need to remove u-r shirts in the gyn, and from the picture I see no reason as to anyone noticing your chest.

So my advise is to try som ointments, hit the gym and wait for some more time (since 9 months can be early for some cases)

Just my 2 cents....

• Posting Member
sorry for very late reply. The issue here is that I cannot still open my tshirt in public as people will notice my awkward nipples and scar tissue. anyone can easily tell that i have had a surgery.  Yes i can now wear dresses. But I expected I can go topless and never get noticed which is not the case now. i fell that now I am in a worse position than before. I can say it is partially successful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024