Author Topic: steroid  (Read 3263 times)

Offline jizz

• Posting Member
I am into Strength training/ Powerlifting
Will going on a steroid cycle or using Nolvadex(or any anti estrogen) help reduce my Gynecomastia?

Please Help!!!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Absolutely great that you are exercising.  However, many of the self-prescribed cycles of steroids plus Nolvadex (or others) which purportedly block the "bad" effects of the steroids on your chest, will mess up your body's endocrine system.  In the long term, they can be extremely dangerous to your health.

In the body building world, the word is "short term pain for long term gain."

In  the body building world with steroids, the word should be "short term gain for long term pain."

Bottom line:  exercise and build your body -- but without artificial means.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Will going on a steroid cycle or using Nolvadex(or any anti estrogen) help reduce my Gynecomastia?

Please Help!!!

I work with many Bodybuilders and Powerlifters with gynecomastia. A steroid cycle can really mess us the endocrine system. There is often an imbalance that causes breast stimulation and growth. So no, doing a cycle will not help with the gynecomastia, it often makes the gland component worse. Another common complaint of my muscle building men is that as they build their muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed out further. This is a factor in both chemical and natural bodybuilding.

Antiestrogens can shrink breast gland that is currently swollen from stimulation "in the active phase". They will not resolve gland that has stabilized and in the "quiescent phase."

Self medication is a dangerous game. I have seen some who have been crippled by such attempts. Although stopping the cycle, the messed up endocrine system refuses to balance itself. Some problems have resisted endocrinologist intervention.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline jizz

• Posting Member

Please Help!!!

I work with many Bodybuilders and Powerlifters with gynecomastia. A steroid cycle can really mess us the endocrine system. There is often an imbalance that causes breast stimulation and growth. So no, doing a cycle will not help with the gynecomastia, it often makes the gland component worse. Another common complaint of my muscle building men is that as they build their muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed out further. This is a factor in both chemical and natural bodybuilding.

Antiestrogens can shrink breast gland that is currently swollen from stimulation "in the active phase". They will not resolve gland that has stabilized and in the "quiescent phase."

Self medication is a dangerous game. I have seen some who have been crippled by such attempts. Although stopping the cycle, the messed up endocrine system refuses to balance itself. Some problems have resisted endocrinologist intervention.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

So, will an antiestrogen help reduce the size of my breast gland for a while?
Because I an definitely going for a surgery in a few years, but until then can I experiment with an antiestrogen?
 cause I've heard that they block the estrogen receptors at the breast glands, and hence may help reduce my agony to some extent!!

Please Please answer!!! ???

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Self medication is never a good idea -- I really don't agree with your idea of "experimenting with an anti-estrogen."

"A patient who treats himself has a fool for a doctor."

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

Please Help!!!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

So, will an antiestrogen help reduce the size of my breast gland for a while?
Because I an definitely going for a surgery in a few years, but until then can I experiment with an antiestrogen?
 cause I've heard that they block the estrogen receptors at the breast glands, and hence may help reduce my agony to some extent!!

Please Please answer!!! ???

Management of antiestrogens and other hormone influencing agents are best managed by an experienced endocrinologist. The antiestrogen can reverse the stimulation effect of too much estrogen that may help with active phase swelling of stimulated gland. They do not help with remaining gland. These and other medications carry significant risks, antiestrogens are primarily used in cancer therapy. If a knowledgeable endocrinologist has reservations about using such medications, why would you think such "experimenting" would be safe?

Body Shaping Compression Garments can help with temporary contour issues while awaiting stabilization or other factors that could put off surgical options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024