Author Topic: Warm tingling  (Read 4062 times)

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
Hi 2 days post op. Im by myself in another country trying to recover on my own but its proving difficult. I have a warm tingling sensation on the left. Is this cause for concern? My mind is playing tricks with me.. I wish I had family here to help me.

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
hi, don't worry mate, my mind has been doing that since i had my op 12 days ago!

i feel sorry that you're on your own there, this site is great though isn't it.

i had that feeling, like a warm, tingling, around my nipple and chest area, very weird, but if you have any concerns you MUST speak to your dr.

i've had the most unusual feelings in my chest since, not pain exactly but very uncomfortable.

never mind, no pain, no gain and at least we'll be able to wear t's again!!

all the very best to you.

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
Thanks dave. I will call when I can. Im having difficulty sleeping comfortably. I wake up with incredible stomach and back pain which I think is to do with sleeping on my back without moving. Had I known how much strain this op places on all your muscles I would've strengthened my core and shoulders in prep for this.

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
i wouldn't worry about the sleeping for now, just try to relax as much as you can.

in the first week (i'm 12 days post) i didn't get much at all, i can't sleep on my back anyway, and have a bad back normally, i just put a rolled up towel under my lumber region and got a v shaped cushion so i was slightly propped up which really helped. even now i can't sleep on my front, just sort of go on half my side as i feel my stitches pull if i go too far.

i didn't think it would be this long to recover but no regrets!

hope you manage to get a few hours bud,

take care

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
I had that tingling your on about.
The only way i can describe it is it feels like your bleeding! I kept checking under my compression vest because i thought i was bleeding.
I think i've worked out that its just fluids moving under the skin and the healing process basically. Also heard it the nerve endings firing off as they repair themselves, hope that helps.

TD

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
typically how long does tingling feeling last after surgery..

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
3-5 days it lasted for me. It does feel like your bleeding kinda. Its not painful, just a strange sensation.

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
I recall about a week and a half post op, i got some really strong tingling well you could say throbbing pain, i think it was pretty much just the nerves jump starting, it was fairly intense compared to the normal tingling. turned out to be nothing to worry about.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
would everybody experience this kind of pain.. or only some percent of ppl?... is this because of lack of experience or skills of surgeon

Offline sean88

• Posting Member
I would say its more to do with the underlying tissue and nerves healing.

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
I only had it on one side. the surgeon did a pretty poor job on that side and removed fat which should not have been removed, therefore cratering. i dont think many would really experience it, and its not bad really, if i didnt have the cratering i would be pretty happy and wouldnt have minded goin thru that pain to get a good result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024