Author Topic: What causes sagging, diagonal nipples after surgery?  (Read 4262 times)

Offline leaf

• Posting Member
I had liposuction and excision done in Toronto by a respected gynecomastia surgeon three months ago. Now, both my nipples sag down and outwards, appearing almost "sad" and oval shaped, as opposed to round. I have noticed this trait in several pictures of gynecomastia surgery galleries and was fearful all along that this would happen to me. Well, now it has and I'm curious to know what caused this.

Thanks,
Leaf
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:58:42 PM by leaf »

Offline leaf

• Posting Member

DrBermant

I had liposuction and excision done in Toronto by a respected gynecomastia surgeon three months ago. Now, both my nipples sag down and outwards, appearing almost "sad" and oval shaped, as opposed to round. I have noticed this trait in several pictures of gynecomastia surgery galleries and was fearful all along that this would happen to me. Well, now it has and I'm curious to know what caused this.

Thanks,
Leaf

One of the hallmarks of Excess Skin of the Male Chest are elongated nipples whose long axis drifts from the normal about 60 degrees to something more horizontal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline leaf

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr Bermant.   I haven't seen this topic discussed, nor is it relevant to the search function on this site.  My nipples don't sag, but are definitely diagonal. Can this be fixed, how, and do any of the doctors on this site have pictures of this particular remediation?

Thanks,
Leaf

DrBermant

Thanks Dr Bermant.   I haven't seen this topic discussed, nor is it relevant to the search function on this site.  My nipples don't sag, but are definitely diagonal. Can this be fixed, how, and do any of the doctors on this site have pictures of this particular remediation?

Thanks,
Leaf

You are quite welcome. If there is no sagging, converting the axis of the areola is an extremely complex sculpture with major compromises best discussed during a consultation. Perhaps one day I will post some of my examples of chest lifts where the horizontal axis areola was converted by me to a more natural 60 degrees.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Loose Skin of the Chest

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024