Author Topic: 5 weeks post op with pics!!  (Read 2157 times)

Offline majorsituation

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,
I had my surgery on sep 18th, currently i'm 5 weeks post op. Just lipo no excision, the doc said tat he managed to removed the gland through lipo & left a lil bit behind so tat the nipples dont get inverted. Am happy with the results so far. Have a lil bit of puffyness on both the nipples, i hope tats normal!!! there is a scar tissue build up & hard lumps behind the nipples... cant wait for bout 6 months to get over to see the final results...

I have few questions to which anyone can help.

1. How long will the scar tissue take to go away and achieve best contour???
2. My chest looked great when the bandages came off, it is only after that there was swelling and scar tissue. Will the chest look the same after it has completely healed?

Am gonna post some pics which i took 2 weeks post op.. take a look & lemme know...

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
First things first... gland cannot be removed by lipo alone... so there is still gland behind there which is causing your nipples to push out a bit which I'm sure you've noticed... all things considered, your results look good right now but only time will tell how your final result will be... and from people's experiences, over time they are usually never completely happy with the results if the gland is not excised... in my opinion, your result will be significantly better than it was but it won't be an optimal result and the "puff" behind your nipples will return to a lesser extent... Indian doctors seem to have a tendency to lie when it comes to gland excision, I've read it in other cases on this forum... most likely it's because it's less work for them or that they would want you to come back to them after the surgery and pay them once more to have it re-corrected.. or they're just not completely familiar with the nature of breast tissue... I know this is feedback that you probably don't want to hear but I just want you to keep your expectations realistic... nonetheless, you look fine right now and the most you can do is expect the best... so don't stress too much and just enjoy life as best as you can... good luck with everything bud.

Offline majorsituation

• Posting Member
Thanks Gyneco_1001... tat was indeed a good reply... all in all i'm happy & i being realistic bout the whole thin... jus one more question, is it possible tat my nipples r gettin pushed out cause of the lumps underneath??? when the lumps reduce will the puffyness reduce too???

thanks again... good post... 

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
It definitely is a possibility but the lumps are most likely residual gland rather than scar tissue since no peri-areolar incision was made since you had only lipo done... but you never know... that's why it's hard to predict a final result because there's also fluid, scar tissue and some swelling going on under there... the 6 month mark should be a good general indication of how your final result should be... but this milestone is different for every person... another positive is that there are a few cases of guys on this board who have gotten only lipo done and have ended up with excellent results and have even stood the test of time. Even though I'm sure that you have stopped wearing your compression vest... I would suggest that you keep wearing some light compression clothes while everything is coming together... in the meanwhile try eating healthy and definitely keep the fat off... also if you feel that it is indeed scar tissue that's under your nipples then I would suggest that you massage it and try and break the hard formation underneath (don't rub so hard that it's painful because those lumps could very well just be the gland and that won't disintegrate)... some people say that this helps minimize scar tissue and some say that it doesn't make a difference but I haven't heard or read about it making it worst so I would certainly suggest that.. all of this should help ensure that you are doing the best you can to get an optimal result. Good luck and keep the community posted on your results!

Offline majorsituation

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply again bud!!! cant ait for 6 months to pass.. yea i am wearin a tight under armour... happy wit results so far... workin out regularly which will keep the fat off!!! In the end hopin for the best & expeting the worst.. lol!!! Take care...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024