Author Topic: Lipo much lower chance of fat returning to treated area?  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Hey fellow Doctors,

I am looking at getting Lipo of primarily my Hips and lower back (I think they're called the Flaks or Flanks?) along with Gyne Surgery by the same Surgeon on the same day.

I am a male 21 16 - 17% Bodyfat with Love handles don't get me wrong I have cut down to 12% Bodyfat and still had love handles visible I think it's a genetic thing and I am starting to believe that if I want to eliminate my love handles Lipo is the only solution, I just want flat sides like typical male of my age.

Now my question: If a surgeon removes the fat via Lipo in the Hip region is it less likely for fat to return to that area because clearly my body loves saving fat on my hips and lower back by having lipo in that area will it make it harder for fat to be stored there?

Thanks so much for your time

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The beauty of liposuction is that it can specifically target areas of excess, undesirable fat on any part of the body -- including the lovehandles, lower back, etc.  And once the fat is removed from those areas, it will not return to those areas.  Of course, if you were to gain significant weight, then you will put some fat on ALL areas of your body in a much more even distribution -- but those specific bulges will be gone forever.

I frequently combine gyne surgery with lipo of other areas of the body as well.  The most popular combination is gyne, abdomen and love handles -- all at once.  I call this a Torsoplasty and you can read about it on my website, www.gynecomastiasurgery.com

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Whoa that is so friggen exciting Dr Jacobs now my second question is related to skin although I am not obese or anything these section of body do have a rather larger amount of fat so if the surgeon was to remove the fat will the skin tighten on its own because of my age or will the surgeon do something with the skin to ensure it is tight after the fat removal of the area(s)?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously I haven't seen any photos.  But in general, the areas you have mentioned usually do not require skin tightening.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Obviously I haven't seen any photos.  But in general, the areas you have mentioned usually do not require skin tightening.

Dr Jacobs

Great thanks once more for replying Dr Jacobs.

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
I made a thread about the importance of wearing a garment for the Lipo'd area as my PS thinks being bandaged tightly after surgery is sufficient would appreciate your feedback on this: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22424.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024