Author Topic: Medicine for Gynecomastia  (Read 2870 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Is there anything out their as far as medicine they may help in some reduction for gynecomastia?

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
I found a website for a pill known as 'diet aid of questionable value' idk if this is one that helps or not??

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just sit back and think -- if here was a pill/diet/supplement out there that really worked for treatment of gyne, don't you think everyone on this forum would know about it and write about it?

Unfortunately, there are many people "out there" who want to take your money without providing any benefit to you -- in fact there might even be harm.

As P.T.Barnum said, "There is a sucker born every minute."  Don't be one of them.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Is there anything out their as far as medicine they may help in some reduction for gynecomastia?

Yes, I have seen many patients who came into my office with an undiagnosed medical condition causing gynecomastia. When someone has such a problem and the gland tissue is swollen from stimulation, treatment can really result in a major change in breast size. Gland contour problems can after the swelling is resolved. These patients had Red Flags during their evaluation in my office and I sent them to an experienced Endocrinologist for a diagnosis and treatment. The rewarding issue was seeing the contour improve and sometimes disappear once the condition was recognized and treated. For others it was stopping the breast growth. Since surgery does not stop breast growth, getting the problem stabilized first was critical in preventing recurrence. I have seen patients who came to me with breast growth after surgery done elsewhere who had their breast grow back. The diagnosis and treatment gave us a stable situation to then perform revision surgery without the regrowth again. So, yes, medication can and does work, but that is for problems causing breast growth.

Medication has not proven effective in reducing quiescent, fibrotic, or "burned out" gynecomastia.

I found a website for a pill known as 'diet aid of questionable value' idk if this is one that helps or not??

For any treatment, pills, surgery, or whatever, look for real before and after examples. Proof that something works is so much better than spending a great deal of money and getting frustrated. To date, although I have spend a great deal of time looking, I have yet to see any actual before and after examples of these hyped gynecomastia "treatments."  To date, the closest I have seen was a link to a page that never seems to get made "Before and After Pictures Coming Soon."

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Years ago we looked at the number of estrogen and progesterone receptors in gynecomastia. At the time our research group  also looked at the binding capacity of the receptors because if the receptors  were present in normal number but bound the specific steroids more tightly there could still be an effect that could  be reversed pharmacologically. To make a long and somewhat complicated story short none of the treatments available make sense pharmacologically based on the basic science.  It is not a surprise that there is no effective pill to treat gynecomastia presently.
Jay Pensler,MD
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024