Author Topic: Recovery Question  (Read 2073 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Is it possible to have surgery a week before a commencement ceremony and still be able to go to that? I was needing to know because this may be the only time i can get it done before summer, and it will be a week before my graduation ceremony, is it possible for me to attend that after having the surgery a week before? Thanks for your help:) READY TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE AND LIVE LIFE:)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In most cases, the answer is yes. 

Obviously it depends on how severe your problem is, how successful the surgery is, and how your body responds to surgery. 

In general, my patients are able to move around, drive a car and return to sedentary work within 1-3 days after surgery.  Certainly attending a commencement ceremony should be doable as well.

Congratulations on your graduation!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Appreciate it DOC got accepted to a major University, so this surgery will be a new start for me. Just the thing I need to put me back on planet Earth instead of in my depression like I have been for years. I appreciate everybodies help through this process.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would agree with Dr. Jacobs.  It really depends on the surgery and how things go, but most of my patients who have surgery on a Friday go back to work on Monday.  Certainly, you should be all set for commencement a week later.

Congratulations.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com