Author Topic: what should i do?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline ashton20

hey, i am 15 years old and had gynecomastia ever since i was about 12.

My story is that i was really active, never was over weight, played sports and still had these manboobs. When i was 14 i asked my doctor about it, and he said i had gynecomastia. He had sent me to a plastic surgeon so i could have surgery. The surgery was successful and everything started to clear up until about 4 months later, when i realized my left nipple started to get puffy again and stick out. I went back to the surgeon and asked him what is going on, and he said its just nothing and it looks fine. It started to get worse and worse, and now my left nipple is still big and my right one is really small. Im wondering if i should go back for another surgery or use 'diet aid of questionable value'.

can someone please tell me if 'diet aid of questionable value' works at all?? or if i should go for another surgery.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
to begin with, what is "diet aid of questionable value".  Typically, if you have to question the authenticity of something,you probably shouldn't use it--especially when it comes to your life.

As for your surgery, that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have it done by a qualified surgeon?  You might want to schedule a consultation with one of the leading doctors on this site.  I read Dr. Bermat is retiring soon, but maybe you can seek his advice and possibly get revision surgery with him or any of the other equally qualified doctors who do this surgery.

my .02 cents.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your story sounds as if you have developed some scar tissue beneath the nipple -- which is quite common after surgery.  You may not need additional surgery -- but merely an injection of cortisone.

Best to return to your surgeon and inquire about possible treatments -- you should have ended up with two equal nipples.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024