Author Topic: physical and psychological impacts  (Read 3176 times)

Offline bad posture

Hi I'm new here, and wanted to share my story.  I'm now 35, and have what I think is a mild to moderate case of gynecomastia.  All I know is that it's had a horrible impact on my life - both physically and emotionally.  My username, bad posture, is the physical side.  I've always been so embarrassed and humiliated by this condition, that I ruined my posture in a futile attempt to somehow "hide" the condition (especially in summer where I had to wear t-shirts).

I was a very skinny kid, but put on a ton of weight when I was 11-12.  At the same time, my nipples inverted, and I'm pretty sure I got pubertal gynecomastia (not sure if it's pseudo).

I was fat for a long time, and decided at ~24 to finally get in shape.  I've been in fairly good shape for the past 10 years (mostly cardio), and actually very good shape this past year and a half (because I finally decided to incorporate strength training), but there seems to be leftover skin and fat on my belly and man boobies.

I just don't know how much longer I should try to go the route of lifting weights/chest exercises before I seriously consider surgery.  Still fighting the bad posture, and the low self esteem this condition has caused me. (I've never been to the beach since I was a kid).

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Well its basic up to you if you decide to get surgery but your probably fine as you are. Try stepping out of you comfort zone and stepping out on that beach. Your posting in the acceptance section so my advice is to forget surgery unless its absolutely necessary.

builder4

Well i am 24, and i think this is a good place to start.. The bad posture rang a big bell in my head.
When i was in jr high is when i rember starting to stick my head forward, with my shoulders, hoping the teasing would stop.
I have been reading and reading the site for a while and this is my first post, but i feel your pain brother.
i have tryed for the last few years to work it off but just not happening, and it has caused me alot of pain in the gym, and the mind...
I also want to say thank you for every one here and how susportive yall are.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
greetings. i used to be called the big titted fu##k , until one day i had had it so i  started weight training and by the end of the spring break in HS i turned the tide, stil have the  boobs but put the fear of the Gods into my attackers. these days i am confy with myself and don`t care what the ignorant and uneducated people say or comment .i wear a sports bra daily and don`t care if someone sees it .got the wife and family support behind me.took years to be this conmfident , find someone to be confident with , clergy, councellor or buddy.it does help good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024