Author Topic: Swelling and binder tightness questions  (Read 1818 times)

Offline BeLikeArnold

• Posting Member
Hello all, I had lipo and excision this past Thursday and I know its far too early to judge but I need some reassurance. How soon will the swelling go down? With the swelling it looks as if all I did was lost 10 pounds and the gyno is still there. Is there anything I can use to help the swelling go away? As far as compression vests go, I've been told to wear an underarmour shirt, a small compression vest that I really don't even feel its doing much ( It pulls upward and isnt really that tight) and a chest binder all around this. The binder is the most important part right? How tight should I have it on? As of now I'm wearing extremely tight and high on the arm pits to the point that its hard to breathe, I really want this swelling down.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Four days post op?  Sure you re swollen -- that's normal.  And sometimes, there may be slightly more swelling on one side than the other -- that too is normal.  Only thing to do for the swelling is to minimize your activities and wear the compression garments provided.  Remember, it takes 4-6 months to see a final result -- so chill!

I usually tell my patients to wear their compression garment for at least four weeks (longer if tolerated) because the body doesn't stop wanting to swell for some time.  Oh, by the way, while snug compression is important, it is more important to be able to breathe -- so loosen it a tad.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024