Author Topic: how to minimize swelling and bruises after surgery?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline hopefullydone

• Posting Member
just had my surgery,
my breasts still feel pretty numb and swollen. at first they're just swollen not bruised but now i start to see the bruises coming out.

is there anything i can do to help with the swelling and bruising? put an icepack over it or something?

oh also, they feel oddly swollen, not just regular swollen which is hard, mine is just soft and tender. is this just the turmeric/tumescent leftover ?

Offline ajvad

• Posting Member
My husband also had his surgery done 2 weeks ago and he had a lot of  dark  purple bruising and swelling too, but the good news is that the bruising has almost completely disappeared - but it has taken 2 weeks.He had also developed some bruising lower on his abdomen near the hips, which has also disappeared (the doctor said it was just the fluid migrating, nothing to worry about) The doctor said the ice pack is helpful only in the first 48hrs post surgery and not after so i'd suggest just waiting it out a little- it DOES go away. He has almost no swelling on the left and has that drain removed. The right side is still swollen and we have an appointment with the doctor today to see if the drain can come out, almost nothing has been collecting int it for the past 2 days but since there is still some swelling he suspects the drain may have a blockage somewhere. So hang in there, the swelling and bruising does go away :)

Offline tritonxv

• Posting Member
Yes, I am taking turmeric capsule from Himalaya. And its working to reduce the swelling 2 weeks after op!

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
I was prescribed Enantyum for pain relief and to combat the swelling; it seems to be doing the job in my case, as I've been feeling better and better as the days go on...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024