Author Topic: still sore & swelling  (Read 1386 times)

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
 Im on my 3 week post op. A bit frustrated since during the first week, my boobs got flat. I have a pseudogynecomastia that's why I only had a liposuction. The doctor extracted 250cc of fats for each boobs. However, I've observed during the second and now on my third week, its somehow coming back to its old size. I guess it must be the swelling and sometimes I can feel some pain on my chest. There's a tingling sensation and a mixture of pain in my breast.

I dunno if its normal and to soon to tell the results. I still wear my compression vest though 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's not unusual to have some swelling that will be present during the first 4 to 6 weeks, as well as discomfort that will vary over that time as well.  Generally speaking, it should improve, but the tingling and pain is related to the nerves reawakening after they get beat up a bit during the procedure.  Think of it like your leg waking up after it's asleep (and the associated tingling and sharp pains), but it's stretched out over several weeks to months. 

I would recommend wearing compression for 4 weeks at least, and have some patience regarding the final results.  If you still have some questions, show us some photos around 6 weeks and include pre- and post-op images.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com