Author Topic: complications 5 weeks post op  (Read 1862 times)

Offline packer33

I had surgery 5 weeks ago by a board certified plastic surgeon that has been in practice for over 20 years.  I am happy with the left side of my chest, even though there is some slight adhesion under the nipple (which i hope will improve) when i raise my arm.  The right side of my chest however is full of problems. It is still very puffy, maybe more than pre-surgery.  After removing my drains fluid accumulated and I have had it drained 3 times over the past 3 weeks.  There is also a fibrous mass under the nipple and more laterally towards the arm (that i feel has gotten worse and more dense).. part of this may be due to the doctor draining fluid and making the incision via needle on the side of the aureola? What are you opinions here?  Also below my right nipple my scar is creased and the skin folds over.  I am unable to grab the skin and pull it up.  This concerns me.  With having my left side already look so good i am worried that he just butchered the right side.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
At 5 weeks, it's very difficult to say if there is a problem that won't resolve on its own, especially if there was a seroma requiring drainage.  You have to give it time for the swelling to go away and for the scar to fade.  Unfortunately, that requires patience.  It doesn't seem like there's anything acutely bad, which would be the only indication for more urgent intervention.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com