Author Topic: excess skin, nipple folds, and chest cavities, post op  (Read 2319 times)

Offline joshd3089

I am almost 3 weeks post op, and both sides of my chests are completely different.  one seems caved in and has causes the skin under the nipple to fold over.  the other side looks much normal, but seems a bit swollen. 

I had a pretty harsh case of gyno, and alot of tissue was removed along with some lypo, but from what I've seen on here, this problem doesn't seem to heal enough in time, and may require revision surgery.

Anybody have any similar experiences?  Initially my doctor said it takes 6 weeks to see the results, but now he is saying 6 months to 1 year.  It's really stressing me out.

I'm supposed to wear the compression vest 24/7 for 6 weeks, but I'm not really sure if the compression vest is helping or hurting the problem.

Here is a pic. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At three weeks, you are just at the beginning of the healing stage.  Would suggest you be patient and wait til the initial healing proceeds and swelling decreases.

However, even from the one photo you posted (we would need a series of photos -- preferably taken by another person), it does appear that you might require some revision in the future.  But you should wait a minimum of six months before doing so.

Best bet would be to return to your surgeon.  He knows what was done and should be in the best position to help you.  Ordinarily, most ethical plastic surgeons have a very generous policy towards costs for revision surgery.  If you choose to go to another surgeon, you will be starting from scratch (as regards fees).

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024