Author Topic: Suspenders? Who would have thought?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I really like the idea of suspenders but I have not worn them in many years. Some time ago I was buying some new clothes and I decided to go back to them. My new slacks had the needed 6 buttons sewn into the inside of the waistband and I stopped at the menswear store to pick up a couple of pair if suspenders.

Passing a mirror on my way out the door, I noticed that the vertical line traced by the suspenders on either side of my upper body left no doubt that there was some fullness in the chest. No time to change, so I went on my way. No one seemed to notice, or if they did they didn't seem to care.

That was nearly a year ago and while the suspenders make the fullness of my chest obvious to me, no one else seems to notice at all.

As has been noted on these pages many times before, we truly are own worst enemies. What gives us so much grief is hardly noticed by anyone else.

The suspenders mean that I have no tight belt around my middle so they provide great comfort. Since no one else seems to care, I guess I don't either.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:32:50 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

hammer

That is a great attitude! I may have try my suspenders again as well! I can't stand the tight belts around my waist.

Thanks for that, I for one needed it!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have the old timey kind that button in and also some of the the kind with grippers. If you are going to use them, get the kind that button on. The grippers ar nasty lumps to lean back against in a chair or in the car and the damn things get snagged then release. The little work to sew in the 6 buttons is well worth it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024