Author Topic: Is surgery the only way out?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline tshock

• Posting Member
I got Gyne through puberty when I was around 10 years old and I am now 21 years old.  I'm so tired of this but I gotten used to hiding it.  I can't really afford surgery so I just wanted some opinions on how bad it is, and what exact surgery I would need to get.

Thanks

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
From the single photo you've posted, it looks like you have mild gynecomastia, mostly characterized with nipple puffiness.  If it's been there for 11 years, it's not likely to go away without surgery. That said, it's not terribly severe, based on the photo, so you may just need to save your money until you're able to afford the procedure, which would likely involve excision of the tissue under the nipple with some suction contouring of the area around it to provide a nice, smooth contour. 

I hope that's helpful.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline tshock

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Silverman, yes that is helpful.  I posted some other pictures just in case that helps at all.

And the first picture is of me with lower body fat almost 4 years ago.  The other photos are present.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The current photos are certainly more suspect than the older photo at lower body fat. You might consider cutting up a little to avoid surgery, since the earlier picture looks pretty good.  I can't tell from that picture, of course, whether or not your nipples puff out much when it's warm.  You won't be able to eliminate that with dieting, but the problem would certainly be less noticeable.  And when you're better able to afford a procedure, then you could go ahead.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024