Author Topic: Extremely hard under areolas, concerned, please help  (Read 2090 times)

Offline mpchriss

Hello Everyone,

I had a bad case of Gynecomastia up until 12/01/11. I am now about 8 weeks post op and very concerned with my results. My procedure was Liposuction only. Everything looks great, you can definitely notice a dramatic reduction. My concern is; under each of my areolas, I can feel a single, large hardness, it almost feels like a small sized golf ball under the areola. Now, I am aware of scar tissue forming, but can there really be this much scar tissue? there is so much going on behind the areola’s that bottom half of my chest (on each side) is drooping down, almost like before I had the liposuction done.

I am concerned that this is not only scar tissue, but extra glandular tissue/breast tissue left over. I have read that liposuction only, does not fully get rid of Gynecomastia, but almost seems like a temporary fix that removes some fat tissue. I only learned of the two main types of procedures after my operation, my doctor did not advise me that I could do liposuction plus excision together. If I had known that I should/need get excision of the glandular tissue, I would of. My fear is that I will have to go back for another operation and as we all know, these procedures aren’t cheap.

However, my question would be…is the excessive hardness just scar tissue or possible glandular/breast tissue because I did not have excision removal of the glandular/breast tissue?

Any answers would put me at ease and I would be much appreciative.

Thanks,
Mpchriss

Offline zm

• Silver Member
i'm sorry to say but tt does seem like glandular tissue was left behind due to not have the glands cut out.

Lipo and incision go hand in hand.  Anyone who has just had lipo always feels disappointed with results. do you have any before and after photos?

Offline Era

• Silver Member
People really need to do there research before making a decision like this. The internet is such a powerful thing and its so easy to access. For gynecomastia you need the gland removing, lipo alone will not give you the results you are after because all it does is remove fat from the area, gynecomastia is a combination of fat and glandular tissue that lies directly behind the nipple.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024