Author Topic: UK citizen studying in NYC.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline clandestineman

Hey guys,

I'm brand new here, so firstly, hello! What an amazing place this is.

I've done some very quick recon as to doctors and Dr. Jacobs seems to be well recommended and active on here, so I guess this could be directed towards him.

I am a UK citizen (24 years old), studying in NYC. I have had consultations with the NHS and also a private clinic back in England that both confirmed I had a mild to moderate case. An enlarged gland, with fat reserves around it causing a slightly puffy nipple (fairly standard description - I know). The private clinic recommended some liposuction and gland removal.

I am curious as to any steps involved in getting my procedure done while I am in New York. I'm in my first year of a degree, and have health insurance while here (a requirement for international students).

Would I be right in assuming that it would be fairly straightforward, and like anyone else? Also, getting any documents and medical history forwarded on?

Any information, questions or insight would be appreciated. There is something more reassuring to me about having the procedure done while in NYC than back home!

Regards,

N.

PS. Apologies for the username - trying to broadcast less of my life online for Google to index these days. Haha.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum and a hearty welcome to the Big Apple -- hope you enjoy your stay in the US!

I treat many men from the US and around the world.  Your being in NYC makes it quite convenient.  And since you are right here in NY, the best way to start would be to see me in consultation.  I will take your medical history, examine you, explain what can be done and provide you with a fee quote for the surgery.  Then it is your decision alone -- no pressure from us.

I do not accept insurance and unfortunately most insurance does not cover this surgery.  But I am more than willing to complete any insurance forms and submit them on your behalf.

Best way to begin?  Call for a consultation appointment:  212 570 6080.

Looking forward to greeting you!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline clandestineman

Thanks, Dr Jacobs. Appreciate the quick reply.

I'll be in touch as soon as it's convenient to move forward!

N.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024