Author Topic: skin tightening nipple area?  (Read 5887 times)

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Its been 3 days past 1 month since surgery and my skin is very loose where my nipple/ areolas are. Its just basicly  because my skin had been "stretched" for sooo long since i was 14 to 26 . My surgery looks awesome as far as contour but i will never be satisfied with the results if i cant take off my shirt to go swim etc... i have skin folds or flaps from my old breast shape. My question to the dr.'s .is how long can it or should it take fo my skin to tighten and retract to my new flat chest or do you think ill need a second surgery to correct this? Im only 26 and was a large a cup so i hope its not needed. Take a look and thanks
Ill do my best to post pics as soon as possible i posted this from my smartphone

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without seeing photos, it's difficult to comment, but in general, the skin tightens over time after the surgery as part of the healing process.  At this early stage, it can be fairly loose, but that doesn't mean that you'll need to have skin removed.  In my patients, if I didn't think they needed to have skin removed at the time of the primary procedure, I don't make any further decision about secondary skin tightening before 6 months post-op.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
thanks Dr. Silverman for the quick reply! That helps me feel better about my healing. I will post pics as soon as i figure it out lol its good to know that it takes roughly six months. Also one more quick question is there anything you recomend to help with the process? Exercises creams etc... i greatly appreciate your knowledge. Have a great day

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In my experience, much but not all of the skin tightening occurs during the actual operation.  I allow six months, though, for full healing and to allow for maximal skin tightening.

If you skin had been stretched too much pre-operatively by being overweight, then it may not tighten all the way.  It is best to allow at least six months for your skin to tighten as much as possible.  If it is still loose, then perhaps another visit to your surgeon would be worthwhile in order to determine if any skin tightening procedure could/should be done.

In the meantime, exercise and build up your pecs -- the added muscle bulk may help in taking up some of the slack of the skin.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Thanks dr. Jabobs! Will do  :D