Author Topic: Great success with Lipo?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline unhappy123

• Posting Member
Hello all,
After reading on these forums for years I thought that lipo would never work, or only worked when combined with other methods. I was researching local doctors and saw this to my surprise.
I'm a teen and this is almost EXACTLY what gyne I have. Same size, appearance, everything. I was wondering what any of the real doctors think that have more experience with gyne. Could this be done with lipo alone, and is there anything bad about it?
There were just two things that scared me a little, the "call now for amazing savings" and his lack of gyne experience, and the just slight tiny little skin looseness on the right side.
Thanks!

Offline unhappy123

• Posting Member
I Didn't know providing links was prohibited so I posted the picture. Anyway, if you want the link of the website it is
Code: [Select]
tinyurl . com /gynepic

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, in certain cases, lipo can be successful.  In fact, my operations are predicated on a sequence of lipo first, then excision only if necessary.  If the lipo does the trick, then no excision need be done.  However, if lipo is inadequate, the excision is done immediately to insure a good result.  There is NO WAY  to predict ahead of the operation whether or not excision will be needed.

I frequently rail against some docs who plan and do lipo only, and then need to do excision at a second operation.  That sequence should not be necessary.  A surgeon should be ready to perform whatever is necessary during only one operation.

Please bear in mind that the instrument that I use is one that I designed myself.  It is particularly aggressive and can remove both fat and breast tissue.  Standard lipo instruments can only remove fat -- not breast tissue.  Yet there are times when even my aggressive instrument cannot remove the very dense, hard breast tissue which may be present directly beneath the areola.  It is at those times when I proceed to an excision.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A component of the breast tissue is fat and a component of the breast tissue is glandular tissue. Reduction of glandular tissue requires direct excision. Swelling occurs after surgery which may initially appear improved for several months.A 45 degree photo will reflect fat removal .The patients right side below the nipple appears bruised so I am assuming based on the photo this is an early result.Finally if the majority of the tissue is fat of course liposuction will give some improvement and in the rare case of all fat  or adipose tissue liposuction is all that may be required.Particularly the right side still looks s bit pointy under the areola but this view is specifically chosen to minimize one"s ability to assess that.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline unhappy123

• Posting Member
Thank you doctors for your replies!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024