Author Topic: Creator Deformity Question Regarding Tissue Deficiency  (Read 2083 times)

Offline captainhowdy

• Posting Member
Hi Doctors. I have recently had gynecomastia surgery (3 months ago).  Unfortunately I am going to need revision surgery due to having one of my breasts sucked dry.  The first surgery has left me with tissue deficiency under one areola, causing a constant folding crease when my arms are by my side, and further deformity when my arm is lifted above my head.  My surgeon has advised that I wait at least nine months before revision surgery, but he has expressed concern as to where the tissue (required to correct the deformity) will come from. I would like to ask the doctors: Is it possible to obtain the tissue required to fix the deformity from another part of my body, as I do not want to risk further deformity by having any more tissue extracted from my breasts. What are the options open to me? I would be grateful for any advice  Thanks in advance.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without seeing the defect and what the rest of your body looks like, it's not possible to comment definitively, but mild deformities can be addressed with fat grafting, using fat obtained from elsewhere, such as the abdomen. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are a number of options that are dependent on the extent of the problem A photo is essential as Dr. Silverman stated.Also skin elasticity plays a role in the result as well.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline captainhowdy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.  One more question if I may.  Would it be possible to fix a minor deformity (with fat obtained from my abdomen) using a local anaesthetic, rather than a general anaesthetic?  I would prefer to have the revision corrected under local anaesthetic if this is possibe. 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It is possible to do revisions under local, and I do all of my revisions that way in order to avoid the expense associated with a trip back to the operating room.  I don't have my own surgical suite where I can do general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.  Some of the other surgeons are able to do such procedures in their own facility, so they might suggest at least some sedation.  I can only provide oral medications to relax my patients in the office.  That said, I've only taken a handful of patients back to the operating room for revision, and most of those were years later, usually for more major revisions due to recurrence or weight gain.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024