Author Topic: Appreciate all answers.  (Read 2085 times)

Offline ListenClosely

• Posting Member
I have a question, and if need be i could post pictures but my main question here is i started off being 250 pounds with moobs. Now i am 178 and they are basically the same size still. I went from a size 40 waist to a 32. Are they eventually going to lose fat if i keep slimming? Or what?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It would certainly seem that the breast area is the first place where a man puts on fat and the last place where he loses it. Glandular tissue will not shrink in any case. As a young man a Doctor told me to lose some weight and my breasts would "go away"; At 5'10" and weighing only about 135 lbs with a 29 inch waist His words were far from encouraging.

I congratulate you on your weight loss, but I seriously doubt that additional weight loss will reduce the size of your breasts significantly. In the short term, a compression garment will help conceal the problem but surgery is the only way to get rid of them.
Grandpa Dan

Offline ListenClosely

• Posting Member
Thank you for the answer, It's what i figured but i am coming to not mind so much anymore. My only question about "Moobs" Is if i was to bodybuild my chest, would it not turn into muscle, being that it is fat?

Offline abcdlr

• Posting Member
I have been in your position.  My weight has fluctuated between being overweight and nearly underweight, yet my moobs remained.  I have tried building chest muscle, but that just seems to make them look SLIGHTLY more toned, but did nothing for the size or puffy nipples.  I think surgery is the only option for me, and possibly for you as well.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I agree with the gentlemen who have posted.  You don't mention your height, but from your new weight I assume you're no longer overweight.   It's very likely that you're left with breast tissue and some fat on your chest wall.  If so, you'll find that building up your pec muscles will only make the gynecomastia look worse. 
You should consider posting some pics.
And FYI, and I'll post this as a separate thread, I'm hosting a webinar on gynecomastia on Wednesday, April 25th, at 7pm EDT.  If you'd like to attend, register on my website listed below.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024