Author Topic: large breast vs. puffy nipple  (Read 2697 times)

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Docs, would you say people who have larger breasts are generally happier with their results immoderately where as slimmer, more muscular people, or people who just have puffy nipples have to play the waiting game? What are your experiences like with impatient patients.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I do not have a canned answer for you. Each patient is unique some are incredibly fastidious others  are not.I think a major part of the preoperative discussion entails coming to an agreement regarding reasonable expectations. Also the time course  for healing varies widely ,remember while  50% of patients heal faster than average,50% of patients recover slower than average. As a group I find gynecomastia patients are to me the most satisfying patients because the procedure frequently results in a profound change in the quality of life they are able to lead.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Dr. Pensler has made a brilliant observation regarding the healing process after surgery, and I would join him in emphasizing the individual variation in patients.  I have found that some very minor cases with just puffy nipples can require more hand-holding during the post-operative period, because the post-operative swelling can mimic--or even look a little worse than--the original complaint of puffy nipples.  Some patients understand this and are fine from the outset, while others second guess what's going on the entire time, and may push for intervention when none is necessary.  Another challenging situation is in steroid users, who resume use afterwards.  They will sometimes feel that they are having a recurrence, when they're actually only experiencing normal post-operative swelling.  I actually talk to them about this pre-op to try and alleviate their anxiety if and when they actually experience that.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
Thanks a lot doc in a worrier but I guess I should just man up and remember why I chose my surgeon instead of second guessing him 2 weeks in.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024