Author Topic: post surgery results  (Read 1266 times)

Offline davejjb91

I had surgery almost 5 weeks ago.  The biggest problem I had was puffy nipples.  The doctor decided only to use liposuction only.  While my chest I guess is a little better I still have the same nipples, that I feel are very noticeable.  A lot of people have been telling me that I am just not being patient enough, and it will get better over the next couple months. I guess I’m just not confident that it will. Can anyone fill me in?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It is early to pass judgement on the final results of your procedure, so your friends' advice is valid.  That said, it is difficult to comment on results without photos and some additional history.  Generally, however, I find that patients with puffy nipples usually require excision as well as liposuction, in order to directly excise any glandular, non-fatty tissue, which may not be effectively removed with conventional liposuction alone.  If he had a cutting cannula, he may have been able to better address the tissue under the nipple. I prefer excision.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
The most common patient I see for secondary correction has had liposuction without surgical excision. If you had a high ratio of glandular to fatty tissue in your breast you may see some slight improvement secondary to swelling but ultimately you will require excision of the glandular tissue.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024