Author Topic: Crease resolution  (Read 1910 times)

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
I had excision and lipo for puffy nipples almost five months ago and am quite pleased with my result so far. The only concern I have is that sometimes one of my areolas has a horizontal crease that runs just below my nipple.

I say sometimes because there are some days when it's present, and others when it's not. However, it always creases when I flex.

When I first got out of surgery, that areola was quite swollen above where the crease developed and flat below, so I thought it would resolve when the swelling went down, but it hasn't improved as much as I'd have liked. Is there still a chance it will smooth out over time? Is this the kind of thing I should give up to a year? Because it seems to appear and disappear at will, that makes me think my chest is still healing.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's possible that the problem may not resolve, but where it waxes and wanes, it's likely that time may lead to resolution.   I would encourage you to wait, to massage the area (which may break up scar that causes it to be tethered during flexion), and see how it looks at a year post-op.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Its difficult without a photo to say definitively very much. If the problem is intermittent that's certainly better than one which is constant. As someone once told me never get off a wining horse halfway through the race. I would concur with the advice to be patient for a while.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies doctors. I took a few photos today because it's a particularly bad day as far as creasing. The first three are my chest/left areola relaxed, and the final is with the areola flexed. Any further thoughts on what the outlook might be?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
This sort of creasing and other irregularities resulting from lax skin after removal of the gynecomastia can occur.  Many of them resolve within a year of the original surgery, some partially, some completely.  I'd give it the time and revisit the problem if it doesn't improve.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024