Author Topic: Acceptance and Enjoyment  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Don K

• Posting Member
First some background:

I was castrated a little over 10 years ago, and started on HRT about 6 months after the castration. At first it was depo-testosterone shots every 2 weeks, now it's daily application of Androgel.

About 5 years ago I noticed some breast enlargement, and the growth has continued to where my breasts now are a full A cup, maybe heading toward B. Depending on what shirt I wear they are more or less noticeable. Right now I'm wearing a long-sleeve knit shirt that makes it quite obvious I have breasts.

The breast growth has been accompanied with greatly increased sensitivity, especially but not exclusively in the nipples and areolas, which I find really enjoyable.

To make a long story short I have accepted that I'm a man with breasts and that I'll have breasts for the rest of my life. In large part this is because they feel so good and have added a new dimension to my sex life. My partner not only accepts them but really enjoys them.

I feel okay going out in public with my breasts being obvious, and sometimes choose a shirt that will accentuate my breasts.

Offline alastair1952

Refreshingly practical and pragmatic!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I will admit that there might be a bit of prejudice in my opinion. It seems to me that Gynecomastia is not a serious problem for men who are comfortable in their own skin and satisfied with their manhood.

For younger men and even boys the condition is much worse.

When a man reaches the point where he no longer feels the need to prove himself then Gynecomstia is no longer any more than a tolerable embarrassment.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Don K

• Posting Member
I wouldn't want to minimize the problems breast growth can cause for someone younger (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to have breasts my present size when I was 15 or 20), but once you're in your fifties it's a lot easier to accept what happens and even look on the bright side (added sensitivity).

Offline gotgyne

At a certain age you see all in a completely different light. For this reason I'm glad that my gyne started to develop about my 45th birthday, nearly eight years ago. It increases slowly but that doesn't matter. On the contrary, I not only feel comfortable with it but I enjoy it too.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Don K

• Posting Member
I agree completely. I first noticed my breasts were getting larger when I was about 53, and I was fascinated by it. It's not something I'm embarrassed about; as I mentioned, I sometimes enjoy wearing shirts that emphasize my breast development. I really like looking down or looking in the mirror with my shirt off and seeing my breasts and my enlarged nipples.

But yeah, it's probably something that can best be enjoyed when you're in your 40s or 50s and don't worry so much about conforming to a male stereotype.

hammer

Well, guys if you have read my "my story after all these years" I have had them darn near as long as I can remember! I can not remember ever liking them at all, but I never let them get in my way either! I have lived a very full and productive life until disability took the fun out of it!

I still can't say I like them at 54 years old, but I still don't let them get in the way! I would never go have surgery, heck I might miss the old girls now, but I still can't say I enjoy them, as they are big (double D)they Get in the way, can't sleep on my belly, there Heavy and I really don't like wearing a bra, but I really need to, and the bra does not excite me at all but takes the weight off the other places, it is hot, and hotter in to summer and binding to.

At my advanced age I can deal with this, but if I was younger and just starting out again, maybe I would get the surgery too now that they have to today! Unless one wants to be that third sex, totally can't afford surgery can not have it for medical reasons or it just doesn't bother them, I can not see why one would keep the girls hanging there! After all they are for breast feeding babies and I never plan to give birth!

Just my two cents, but to each his own, we do have free will!

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I agree with this line of reasoning.  For a young guy developing gynecomastia can be devastating.  He's only coming into his manhood and anything that threatens it can be quite disturbing. Compounded with the hassressment by his peers for being different especially today when teenagers can be so brutal to each other there is little question why these guys see gyno as the end of the world.  However after you add a few decades of maturity you're in a whole new world.  A middle-aged or older guy is comfortable and confident in his masculinity and it is not easily challenged. (Imagine trying to convince a 40 something guy married with children that he's not a man!) I believe this is the key difference why older men when facing gynecomastia are not alarmed and more accepting of this condition as part of their life.  It takes more than a pair of breasts and a bra to challenge their manhood.  It interesting to note this dynamic at play with men with persistent gynecomastia from puberty.  So many stories re-tell the anguish experienced as a teenage boy growing breasts but how in later life as an adult man they came to terms with having breasts and accept them as just part of their body.  And furthermore if they need a bra, they wear one.  As you no doubt surmise I speak from experience.  Behind me are the years of embarrassement of having gyno and now I'm quite comfortable with having breasts.  Like so many older men I'm just a guy with breasts and it's no big deal.

Offline DontAssume

I am 50 and I have had this issue since early teens.  I have had lipo and will go back for gland removal soon.  I am not comfortable with swimming or being shirtless with what are still B cup moobs.  Glad to here some have accepted this, but  I want to feel comfortable  doing some things I haven't been able to do.

hammer

Each man needs to do what he needs to do!

We all need to support each other no mater what that need or decision is!

Good luck, and God bless!

Bob

aboywithgirls

have also accepTed my "girls". I am a 40 year old man with 38E breaststroke and being 5'10",180lbs they are very noticeable on my frame. I wear my bra from the time I get out of bed until I get back in bed. I enjoy the support I get from my bras. I have had breaststroke since puberty.  I started to develop the same time as most of the girls my age. It was difficult to deal with as a teenager but now I've come to appreciate them and so does my wife. I enjoy picking out a bra to wear and of course I have my favorites. I also enjoy taking care of them by wearing a good bra and applying lotion to keep them firm. OK, I don't like The mammogram but the girl who performed the exam was extremely professional and made me feel very comfortable even complimenting me on my bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024