Author Topic: key hole surgery for gynecomastia  (Read 1811 times)

Offline max86

• Posting Member
is keyhole surgery effective for gynecomastia of moderate grade? can significant amount of glandular tissue be removed through keyhole surgery? thank you

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am not sure what you mean by "key hole surgery". I utilize an incision around the bottom of the area.I am able to get exceedingly large volumes of glandular tissue out with this approach. In cases of  unusually large volumes of glandular tissue I simply remove the gland in a couple of pieces.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline max86

• Posting Member
key hole surgery is where u remove both fat and glandular tissue through incisions in the abdominal area(bilateral) through a special probe. is this kind surgery really proven to be effective. its being promoted in india by dr. menon in cochin. read about it elsewhere too. advantage is no scarring in the nipple area. is it better than the traditional subareolar incision with gland removal and liposuction?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Generally, the scarring that occurs with gynecomastia resection is minimal, including a 1/4 inch incision in a fold near the armpit and a short peri-areolar incision, which is typically about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way around the areola and blends into the edge of the areola after the procedure.   I don't do a "key hole" procedure as you've described it, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of this approach. If that's the approach your surgeon advocates, it's probably because he's gotten good results, and it would be wise for him to use that approach for you, should you go to him. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery