Author Topic: DONT KNOW WHAT TO TITLE THIS!!!!  (Read 1329 times)

jb1128

Since this has to do with a doctor or some doctors in this forum I think this is the right place to put this...
 It seems I offended one or more doctors here when I said doctors dont care.

Lets start by putting your self in my shoes, I go to a section on this site that says ASK A DOCTOR and ask a question,A medical question that has everything to do with Gynecomastia, how bad is having very low T levels and what is it going to do o my gynecomastia,for the next few hours I see doctors answering other questions around mine I see the views stacking up on my question but no reply,I ask a second question okay that one was not a direct question about GYNE but I felt (and forgive me if I am wrong) that since most of the doctors are plastic surgeons and some what have to deal with a mans Endo they MIGHT know or can steer me in the right direction and for hours I am seeing a bunch of Questions being answered around mine but not mine..

you know what that made me feel like,NO,I will tell ya,it made me feel like I was unimportant my problem was unimportant and i was just blown off and my feelings meant nothing,then I try to find a doctor where I live to be told WELL SO WHAT,...yep now I am really convinced doctors dont care,then I am told I am waisting my time....yep now I am sure of it.

now I am sure the doctors that blew me off or the ones who made me fell unimportant or the ones who reported me to site management are NOT going to say sorry for that so I am not going to say it either,but I will say this....Thanks to Dr. Silverman,he has changed my opinion,not ALL doctors dont care,some do,thank god for them and him!!!!!!THANKS AGAIN Dr. Silverman....AGAIN YOU ARE THE MAN

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
While I'm certainly happy to get positive feedback on this forum, I would point out that all of the doctors who respond here do it on a voluntary basis, and I'm guessing that the others, like me, do it when we have time.  Your original posts came in on the weekend, when I hope that most of us have other things to do with family and friends, especially this time of the year.  Additionally, the questions you posed are not necessarily easy to answer or even entirely within our area of expertise, so if we have 5 minutes between patients to answer a question, we probably do the easy ones and save more challenging questions for a later time.  At least that's how I approach this forum.  I assure you that any doctor who takes the time to show up here cares.   It's really a matter of busy surgeons trying to do what they can to help patients with whom they will otherwise have little interaction.  Additionally, it's difficult to provide general information about situations for which we have minimal information.  In particular, your questions came with no history, making it even more challenging to reply.  So thanks for the feedback, but in the future, please have some patience, and provide more detail if you're looking for detail in a response.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery