Author Topic: Treatmment of choice for gynecomastia  (Read 1360 times)

Offline max86

• Posting Member
What is the treatment of choice for moderate grade gynecomastia at present?
Is it liposuction alone or liposuction with gland removal?
also, what are the advantages of laser assisted liposuction over routine liposuction? does it really affect the final outcome? thank you..

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Each patient is unique but virtually all of my patients benefit from some direct excision of the glandular tissue.I prefer UAL to any of the variations of laser liposuction.I have not seen the same degree of fat removed or skin contraction after surgery with any of the laser liposuction machines I have utilized. The major beneficiary of laser liposuction in my experience has been the laser manufacturer.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline max86

• Posting Member

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I use a combination of liposuction and excision in nearly all of my patients.  It's rare that I don't excise tissue.  I only use conventional liposuction in my practice, though I have used UAL, and I've tried one of the laser options.  UAL was useful with secondary procedures, I thought, but my results with conventional liposuction are basically the same as when I used UAL.  I don't have enough experience with the laser options to say much, but there has been little enthusiasm in general among plastic surgeons.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery