Author Topic: Do I need surgery?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Palatial

• Posting Member
18, almost 6 2 and weigh about 168. Slightly dome shaped nipples. This is really startin' to stress me out. My dad is a former personal trainer/physical therapist and he said it's probably nothing to worry about though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:52:14 PM by Palatial »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Based on the one view you've provided, it appears that you have mild gynecomastia.  If the condition has been present for three years or longer, it's not likely to resolve on its own, in which case, you would need to correct it with surgery if you're so compelled.  The condition is not severe, so it's obviously up to you, based on how much the condition bothers you.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Palatial

• Posting Member
Based on the one view you've provided, it appears that you have mild gynecomastia.  If the condition has been present for three years or longer, it's not likely to resolve on its own, in which case, you would need to correct it with surgery if you're so compelled.  The condition is not severe, so it's obviously up to you, based on how much the condition bothers you.

Rick Silverman

Will losing weight help at all Doc?

Offline Palatial

• Posting Member
Also, would you have an estimate on my body fat percentage?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Losing weight won't have any significant impact on the appearance of your chest.  You would have to have your body fat measured for an accurate number, but I would guess that you're around 12 - 15 % based on your photograph only.  This is a very rough guess.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024